How can I use data from an old SD emunand on A9LH

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by xZaggin, Apr 13, 2016.

1. xZaggin
    OP

xZaggin Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 6, 2016
    I recently bought a 64 gig SD so I can do the A9LH and it worked. During the process I kept my old SD card 32 Gig with all my "backups" and Streetpass data and what not, so I can switch SD cards and play in between my commute.

Now I finished the guide, and I'm wondering how can I get all my installed backups and also my streetpass and friendslist data back, I don't want a new FC...

I was told to just drag and drop everything from Card-A to Card-B but that didn't work, now I just have a Nintendo 3DS folder that's 24 gigs and has 4 Hashy folders

I tried deleting all newer folders and leave the one with games there, popped it back in and it just created a new home menu etc but didn't scan any games or saves.

I tried putting all the boot up files for A9LH on my old SD, 3DS booted but no luck same old plain menu

Any help here guys?

Last edited by xZaggin, Apr 13, 2016
  2. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    The easiest is to simply clone the old card to the new one using Win32DiskImager and then extend the FAT32 partition.

3. xZaggin
    OP

xZaggin Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 6, 2016

I have a disk image on it already, but the original SD card itself isn't recognized so it wouldn't make a difference if I restore the 64 gig with the 32 gig image.

When I say it isn't recognized I mean that the files don't load, my system does though.

Last edited by xZaggin, Apr 13, 2016