1. grcd

OP grcd GBAtemp Regular

How can I upgrade from 64GB to 128GB with my current data and configuration (using Luma)?

Is it as simple as cloning the SD and using a partition manager to extend the partition size? Or is there a recommended way to do this? I want to make sure all my current data, games (including official downloaded titles) and custom forwarders remain in place.

Many thanks!

2. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Cubi™ Attention! T~T

Antarctica
    You just need to format the 128GB microSD cars to FAT32 and copy the content over to it from the 64GB. I recommend using the PC first to format it and then using GM9 to really make sure it’s properly formatted.

TurdPooCharger and grcd like this.
  3. grcd

OP grcd GBAtemp Regular

Does it need to be any specific kind of sectors etc.? Also, why would I be using the PC to format it first if I will be formatting it with GM9 anyway? :)

4. darkshadow1997

darkshadow1997 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    It is actually simple, just format the 128 GB card as Fat32 otherwise it will not work and then just copy all the data from the 64 GB to your new one. There is no need to any additional things as it is a simple process. It is better to use a PC as I doubt you can format with GM9 as its firm is located on the SD.

Last edited by darkshadow1997, Jun 9, 2020
    gurgleburble likes this.
  5. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Cubi™ Attention! T~T

Antarctica
    I've honestly had issues with the past and found formatting my microSD cards with my PC has always been a hassle for me. Some people have done it without any hassle and there are plenty of guides out there for it. I just found it easier to format it to FAT32 via PC and then format it with GM9 to make sure I have it properly formatted. It's not really necessary, it's just something I found helpful for me.

6. grcd

OP grcd GBAtemp Regular

Ι see! Thanks a lot!

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - configuration, upgrade, current