Hacking Question How can I update safe my switch to 9.0.0

White_Raven_X

Hack everything, hack the world!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Download it from the official Github page and inject it while your switch is in RCM.
That's what I'm already using. I just don't understand where to go and change the nogc... And I don't know where to find the option. Is it in RCM options that your taking about?

Last edited by White_Raven_X,

White_Raven_X

Hack everything, hack the world!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you use the Nyx version of hekate, you should see "Options" at the top of the menu.
OK I get it now... Sorry took me a while lol... So I was using hekate but didn't realize that I actually changed to atmosphere instead. So it just boots straight up without any options or any menu like in hekate.

lickwid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to hijack thread. I'm currently on OFW 8.1.0, with EmuMMC 8.1.0 and Atmo 0.9.3. I have several NSP installed via Tinfoil. What is proper way to update to OFW 9.0.0 and also have CFW still working. Trying to avoid having to reinstall NSP in CFW. Thanks in advance.

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Sorry to hijack thread. I'm currently on OFW 8.1.0, with EmuMMC 8.1.0 and Atmo 0.9.3. I have several NSP installed via Tinfoil. What is proper way to update to OFW 9.0.0 and also have CFW still working. Trying to avoid having to reinstall NSP in CFW. Thanks in advance.
Update Atmo and then update your NAND with ChoiDujourNX.

giwty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After i update my sysnand to 9.0, i assume my fuses are burned... is that mean i need to keep re-creating a nand backup each time i update my sysnand, so if needed i could restore with no fuse issues?
Is there a way to update sysnand without burning fuses, and without autorcm (i.e without booting to Hekate each time) ?

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
After i update my sysnand to 9.0, i assume my fuses are burned... is that mean i need to keep re-creating a nand backup each time i update my sysnand, so if needed i could restore with no fuse issues?
Is there a way to update sysnand without burning fuses, and without autorcm (i.e without booting to Hekate each time) ?
No, to prevent fuses from burning you need autoRCM enabled and boot with custom bootloader (Hekate).

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
That is a good idea yes.

You can't update sysNAND 100% legit without burning fuses, because booting sysNAND without burning fuses requires some sort of CFW (even if you use the stock option there are patches in place that probably won't lead to a ban but things could change at any time so it can't be considered 100% safe), so it is best to avoid running CFW (even with the stock option) on sysNAND altogether and keeping it 100% official.

Thank you. I ended up updating to 9.0.0 in OFW, so I could play my carts and Tetris 99. I updated both Hekate and Atmosphere to latest. My EmuMMC is still at 8.1.0. I presume I can update that to 9.0.0 via ChoiDujourNX then?
You can, but there are no games currently that require 9.0 so not much point in updating emuNAND yet. 9.0 comes with some compatibility problems with homebrew, all existing homebrew needs to be recompiled with the latest libraries for button input to work, and currently not all of the popular homebrew has been updated yet so it's probably best to wait a bit.

Reactions: giwty

Jonesy123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
updated reinx 2.4 to kosmos latest package. Was on 8.0.1 software and everything was working. Upgraded to 9.0.1 on Choidujour, and now will only get past the kosmos, atmosphere screens, but will just hang on the nintendo switch logo? any ideas?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

sorry wrong thread

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"