FIXED How can I turn off the notification bar?

Discussion in 'Site Discussions & Suggestions' started by boomerang42, Jun 18, 2015.

1. boomerang42
    OP

boomerang42 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 1, 2013
    United States
    I think it's called the notification bar. Anyway, this keeps happening:
    [​IMG]

I find myself scrolling the page back and forth to read around that bar so much that I end up logging out most of the time just to get rid of it.

I did try looking in settings a few times but I couldn't find a way to turn it off. If there isn't a way to turn it off, could that please be added?

pelago likes this.
  2. Nathan Drake

Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Jan 2, 2011
    If it bothers you, you can just lock it to the upper right hand corner so it doesn't follow you down the page. Otherwise that is the only way to easily access user controls, so there is no way to disable it. It's one of the bottommost options in Preferences under the Settings tab in your account options.

It's called Lock Visitor Bar to Page Top, for reference.

3. Sicklyboy

Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

Global Moderator
    Jul 15, 2009
    United States
    [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
    There's no way to turn it off.

...but I have to ask, why are you reading that high up on your browser? Most people read kind of towards the center of it.

4. boomerang42
    OP

boomerang42 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 1, 2013
    United States
    I'm on a laptop with a small screen. I'm very used to reading from the very top of the page to the very bottom, scrolling, then reading from the very top to bottom. Is that actually unusual? I've never heard anything about that.

Oh, visitor bar. That's why I couldn't find it. Plus I'm pretty sure I had tried checking that box and hit save changes but nothing changed. It's working now though so maybe there was some glitch when I first tried it.