How can I turn off my cheap eBay Bluetooth headphones?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by MarcusD, Jun 26, 2016.

1. MarcusD
    OP

MarcusD nobody's hero

Oct 16, 2015
    Hungary
    a pixel between life and death
    Since I accidently broke the connector on the headphones (blame too long/too short wires), I tried to pair up the headphones with windoze. Now, windoze froze after a few seconds of playing, so I tried unplugging the Bluetooth adapter, but my Bluetooth headphone "froze". I can't turn it off, I can't switch to FM mode, it doesn't turn off when I plug in the cables, so it became softlocked (or possibly even bricked). I would've tried disassembling it, but there are no obvious marks to disassemble it, so I can't reboot it either. I have tried holding all the buttons, but after 1mins it still doesn't turn off.

It has "COMBATERWING STN-08" written on it.

2. lefthandsword

lefthandsword GBAtemp Fan

Apr 6, 2015
    Hong Kong
    root
    You probably have to wait for the battery to die and then rechargei it.

If I were you I would save up for a decent pair of headphones instead of trying your luck with eBay.

3. MarcusD
    OP

MarcusD nobody's hero

Oct 16, 2015
    Hungary
    a pixel between life and death
    Well, I had a very good Philips headphone I got ~11yrs ago, but after ~8yrs the cable was damaged so bad, that it wasn't worth replacing the cables :/ Every other headphone I had were cheap shitty chinese ones that broke after ~1month.

Btw, connecting a cable to the headphone works, but the sound is so quiet, that the headphone can be rendered unusable :cry:

4. lefthandsword

lefthandsword GBAtemp Fan

Apr 6, 2015
    Hong Kong
    root
    Most things brought from eBay/aliexperess are of questionable quality at best, sometimes you could score great deals from either but I won't count on them to last.

MarcusD likes this.