How can i transfer the games from the rx emunand to the ar9loaderhax?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by amback, Apr 20, 2016.

1. amback
    OP

amback GBAtemp Regular

Jul 7, 2014
    United States
    so i followed the ar9loaderhax guide created rednand then at the end i merged both nands(the sysnand and rednand) and everything is fine(hack wise), the problem is that i also have a rxemunand i had a bunch of installed games which i can't access anymore. when i go to data management/nintendo 3ds/software i can still see all the games i had on rx emunand but they have an "x" next to their icon.

i know the games are still on the sd card. how can i put them on the new nand?,transfer it? from rx emunand to my main nand?

hope someone can help me, thank you

2. FTRBND

FTRBND waifu

Apr 3, 2016
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    _____________ Dex: Complete
    You could try transfering them from the Nintendo 3DS folder on your sd card 's akjsnsfui21576ysaf idk what to the other one.

3. Pikm

Pikm Thy Lord and Savior

Jan 24, 2016
    United States
    Delaware
    No. Games are encrypted, so taht won't work.

4. TimX24968B

TimX24968B "That guy"

Oct 28, 2015
    United States
    Nowhere
    you may have to find a way to extract the saves, and then just reinstall the games.

5. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Make sure you're logged in with your NNID

6. mironicurse

mironicurse GBAtemp Regular

Sep 28, 2015
    Russia
    Basically, games are installed both in Nintendo 3DS folder and (emu)nand. Game executables\resources are in that folder, while icons and sounds for "channels" are in (emu)nand, if I understood it correctly. So if you want to restore games from particular (emu)nand, you must flash that nand. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited by mironicurse, Apr 20, 2016
  7. pbanj

pbanj The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich

Dec 29, 2014
    United States
    in a ziploc
    Do you have a backup of your original emunand?(one with all the games) if so load up decrypt9 and go into sysnand options and chose the inject to sysnand keep a9lh option(like the guide had you do before). Point it to the back up.

Quantumcat likes this.
  8. LinkSoraZelda

LinkSoraZelda GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 12, 2015
    United States
    Land of the Rising Orange
    Reinstall the games and the saves will work just fine. You just need a CIA; it won't actually install. I'll just write needed data back for the system to recognize the game (pretty sure this is DevMenu only, however)

Last edited by LinkSoraZelda, Apr 20, 2016
  9. linkinworm

linkinworm GBAtemp Maniac

May 30, 2008
    Birmingham (England)
    I'd also like to know a way becauase when i did emunand and tried to move all my stuff, it wouldnt load any of it, would hate to lose my pokemon saves if i ever do arm9loader, simply copying and moving them back doesn't work even if you have you nnid setup. ill likely stick with what i have now until I'm able to stick all my pokemon on a sun or moon cart then I wont care tbh what happens to everything else. but would be nice to keep other saves like my OOT etc.