Hardware How can I test the FPS of games on my Wii?

12YearOldHacker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really need to test the Frame rate of this game on my Wii but I have no idea how to.
I need a method that will work on Wii and/or WiiU but it is preferred that I can at least test it for the original Wii
I have a Windows 10 Laptop and Homebrew on both my Wii and vWii within my WiiU

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure there is tools for that on consoles, but I think one method is to record video of the game using a capture device, then somehow count how many repeated frames there is in the video, if that makes sense. I seen people doing that when comparing framerate of legend of zelda breath of the wild between switch and wii u. :ninja:

12YearOldHacker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure there is tools for that on consoles, but I think one method is to record video of the game using a capture device, then somehow count how many repeated frames there is in the video, if that makes sense. I seen people doing that when comparing framerate of legend of zelda breath of the wild between switch and wii u. :ninja:
Alright cool thanks

cykablyat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I really need to test the Frame rate of this game on my Wii but I have no idea how to.
I need a method that will work on Wii and/or WiiU but it is preferred that I can at least test it for the original Wii
I have a Windows 10 Laptop and Homebrew on both my Wii and vWii within my WiiU

its 29.97 fps if NTSC-U and NTSC-J version 25 fps IF PAL. just multiply the numbers by 2 this also applies for NTSC-U and NTSC-J TERRITORIES idk the framerate of Korean version of wii

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its 29.97 fps if NTSC-U and NTSC-J version 25 fps IF PAL. just multiply the numbers by 2 this also applies for NTSC-U and NTSC-J TERRITORIES idk the framerate of Korean version of wii

That doesn't tell you what the frame rate of a specific game's engine is, though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: ack slow wifi