Hacking How can i tell akaio to use a specific loader for a game

redwanderer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been attempting to run children of mana, tried a few different version, all give me a white screen, i've tried all the fixes that i know how to do (soft reset and antipiracy on/off, deleting the .sav so it make a new one after doing so) and to no avail

using akaio 1.8.1 btw

according to (three year old) threads such as:
http://gbatemp.net/t233930-children-of-man...-with-akaio-1-7
putting in the old official loader and telling akaio to use it fixes this problem

for me its a problem with the loader, and telling akaio to use the old official loader, i don't know how..

the thread (and others) said to put the old official loader (akloader4) into the ak2loader folder (in the _aio folder) and telling akaio to use that loader fixes it, so i downlaoded the most "Recent" official one (4.23) and put just akloader4 into the folder specefied on my microSD, and put akloader4 in the proper folder in _aio

but.. under system options under the start menu, nor under rom settings (ressing Y with the rom info window up) i don't get any option to pick what loader to use for the game...

am i missing something? can i even tell akaio "hey use this loader for this game" or am i boned...?

yeah.. go easy on me.. i am not too good with emualtion this complicated but hey i am trying.. and the akaio wiki under system or rom settings didn't say anything about picking a loader.. but if i understand the linked forum thats what i have to do...

thank you for reading, if you can't help a bump would still be nice, if you can help, thank you so much, and excuse my ignorance

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol looks about as fun as a root canal