How can i tell akaio to use a specific loader for a game

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by redwanderer, Dec 30, 2010.

1. redwanderer
    OP

redwanderer Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 29, 2010
    United States
    I've been attempting to run children of mana, tried a few different version, all give me a white screen, i've tried all the fixes that i know how to do (soft reset and antipiracy on/off, deleting the .sav so it make a new one after doing so) and to no avail

using akaio 1.8.1 btw

according to (three year old) threads such as:
    http://gbatemp.net/t233930-children-of-man...-with-akaio-1-7
    putting in the old official loader and telling akaio to use it fixes this problem

for me its a problem with the loader, and telling akaio to use the old official loader, i don't know how..

the thread (and others) said to put the old official loader (akloader4) into the ak2loader folder (in the _aio folder) and telling akaio to use that loader fixes it, so i downlaoded the most "Recent" official one (4.23) and put just akloader4 into the folder specefied on my microSD, and put akloader4 in the proper folder in _aio

but.. under system options under the start menu, nor under rom settings (ressing Y with the rom info window up) i don't get any option to pick what loader to use for the game...

am i missing something? can i even tell akaio "hey use this loader for this game" or am i boned...?

yeah.. go easy on me.. i am not too good with emualtion this complicated but hey i am trying.. and the akaio wiki under system or rom settings didn't say anything about picking a loader.. but if i understand the linked forum thats what i have to do...

thank you for reading, if you can't help a bump would still be nice, if you can help, thank you so much, and excuse my ignorance

2. twiztidsinz

twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

Dec 23, 2008
    United States
    That feature was removed since it's so outdated.

3. redwanderer
    OP

redwanderer Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 29, 2010
    United States
    ouch...
    so for the few games that akaio doesn't work with like these...
    are we boned?

4. twiztidsinz

twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

Dec 23, 2008
    United States
    Make a post on the AKAIO forums.
    There are instructions for troubleshooting and submitting a report.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice