How can I self-host the browser exploit to load iosuhax (fw.img) and not the homebrew channel?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by TinyBilbo, Nov 21, 2016.

1. TinyBilbo
    OP

TinyBilbo GBAtemp Regular

Dec 7, 2007
    United States
    I have installed the homebrew channel, wupinstaller, and isouhax.

I also grabbed the files needed (from the windows installer) for self hosting and run them from a linux server that I use at home for downloading.

Everything works fine...

I was wondering whether I can change the browser exploit to load the fw.img (isouhax) rather go to the homebrew launcher. At the moment I have the exploit file HBLovh.mp4 which I assume carries a payload of the Homebrew launcher (or does it redirect to the HBL installed on my WiiU?)

If I can have multiple payloads I could just save different links to launch different apps from the browser rather than having to run HBL first... Would be easier for the kids as well....

If so... where can I get the different payloads?

Thanks

2. MattKimura

MattKimura 3DS & WiiU Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2014
    United States
    Not an answer, but Haxchi can achieve exactly what you're looking for. Offline and can boot up fw.img directly. As well as being able to boot homebrew launcher if you hold a button.

TinyBilbo likes this.
  3. muskieratboi

muskieratboi Rydian's got some competition!

Sep 19, 2012
    I was just about to say the same thing as MattKimura. The Browser exploit is thankfully now no longer required every boot.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-haxchi-installer-1-1-noob-friendly.448890/

Use this, it's a great little auto-builder app that will help you install the Homebrew channel on your Home Menu for the low low price of Destroying the Disembodied head of Dr. Kawashima (AKA Brain Training,or other DS games)

4. TinyBilbo
    OP

Dec 7, 2007
    United States
    Thanks Guys.. I had seen that, however I have no eshop/DS/VC games, and a webserver running on my internal network, so self-hosting is a fairly trivial task...

I have seen on loadiine.ovh that there is a HexFWBoot option, which I guess is the payload that I need (I have'nt tested it yet) I just can't grab it from that site or find it anywhere else...

Last edited by TinyBilbo, Nov 22, 2016
  5. muskieratboi

Sep 19, 2012

You didn't get Brain Age? dude, it was free :)

TinyBilbo and NintendU_the_great like this.
  6. TinyBilbo
    OP

Dec 7, 2007
    United States
    Lol... I've never even loaded the eShop! I'll have a look tonight... (If It's still available)

*Edit*

Thanks for the heads-up on the free brain training game... Installed and Haxchi'd for my needs!!

The Brain Age game actually stated a price, but when I clicked on it, it mumbled something about some content being free and then it fully installed (I even tried it).
    I definitely did not purchase it because having never used the eShop I had no credit or card details to purchase with..

Had a couple of minor issues with Haxchi script (to do with paths on my machine) and the fact the game installed to USB first and and not Nand where I thought it was...

So thanks again....

Last edited by TinyBilbo, Nov 22, 2016
  7. muskieratboi

Sep 19, 2012
    No problem. glad to know you sorted it out. Have fun! :)

TinyBilbo likes this.