How can I safely run homebrew that needs internet connection?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by YamiZee, Jun 8, 2017.

1. YamiZee
    OP

YamiZee GBAtemp Regular

Aug 18, 2013
    Finland
    There are many CIAs that need to be connected to the internet to function properly. I want to use them, but I don't want to get flagged by nintendo. Is there a way to do this?

2. Kubas_inko

Kubas_inko 3DS Hardmoder

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    Simply. Connect to internet and run it. You don't get flagged unless you are blatantly cheating in games. Ať least never happend to me on 3 3ds for 3 years (and I am not hacking)

3. YamiZee
    OP

YamiZee GBAtemp Regular

Aug 18, 2013
    Finland
    It's already been confirmed that the 3ds sends data of the title being played when connected to the internet, and homebrew shows up as ????? which gets you flagged.

4. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    That's not true. Plenty of people got banned who never cheated.

5. Kubas_inko

Kubas_inko 3DS Hardmoder

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I haven't read the title correctly. Didn't noticed you are talking about homebrew. sorry.

6. driverdis

driverdis I am Justice

Sep 21, 2011
    United States
    1.048596β
    The safest way other than OFW+HBL would be running Homebrew via the Luma3DS B9S Rosalina entry point as the system logs the title played and not what is actually running so the Homebrew launcher would be masked as another game.

7. Giodude

Giodude Ruler of Italy

GBAtemp Patron
    Giodude is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 17, 2015
    United States
    New York
    Luma has proven that it can hijack a boot process in favor of any other. Hopefully in the future you would able to spoof any Homebrew cia as the CIA of any other app.

8. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    What is a fact is that the titleid of the running software is sent to nasc (check-in server)

The name/icon of the software is not sent, you friends see it as "?????" because the Nintendo servers don't have an icon to send them, AND they don't have the icon from streetpass or already having the same title

Whether sending an unofficial titleid is grounds for a ban is an unproven statement (and unprovable, without some insider at nintendo)

Zidapi likes this.