Homebrew how can I run a r4 clone on my 2ds?

Jahhhhhh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
it is similar to this. But without the "i".
FESkZ.jpg

Which of these should I use? I am using emunand with Aureinand with a9lh :)

Download Links:

Confirmed Working
Original R4:
WoodR4Launcher.rar
R4CartLauncher_AnyKernel.rar (Requires a _DS_MENU.dat file to be present on MicroSD card of R4. This allows you to use any compatible kernel you want)
MoonShell2_R4.rar
hbmenu_DSiHybridMode_R4.rar (DSi mode hbmenu with R4 DLDI. Setup to access content from R4's MicroSD card instead of 3DS SD card. Older homebrew that requires DLDI will work with this)

R4i Gold (specifically the r4i-gold.com version):
R4iGold_Launcher.rar

DSTT: (confirmed working with R4 Upgrade Revolution SDHC carts as well!)
DSTT_Launcher.rar
DSTTMoonShell2_Launcher.rar (copy contents of MicroSD folder to root of MicroSD of your DSTT)

M3 DS Real:
M3DSReal_Launcher.rar
(seems to only work if using WoodM3. Link to latest version of WoodM3 for best compatibility: WoodM3125d.rar)

Zech

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
you found the thread where can ask. but instead, you chose to create a new thread. Wow...

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
it is similar to this but without the "i" :P:P
225436_35339266_thumbnail.jpg

Found it's firmware and the soft reset SRL it uses. Looks the same as R4i Gold's softreset SRL. Did it nonetheless:

R4iPocket_Launcher.rar

You need patched TWL_FIRM to use it. I'd recommend Aureinand (and mabe CakesFW? I think that has TWL patches now. Don't quote me on it) as the CFW for using this as it has the supported TWL patches. rxTools is horribly out of date on their release page. rxTools 3.0 beta 2 will NOT work for any of the custom SRLs I've made since it's missing an important TWL firm patch. I've pretty much considered that cfw dead because they have not responded to my request to update their release page to have a build with the correct TWL patches.

Anyways, that should work. Because I used the SRL from the R4i Pocket's firmware, that launcher will expect your kernel file name to be R4i.pk on MicroSD card. It appears to be a DSTT clone so my DSTT Launcher would work with it too. (but you'd have to use TTMenu.dat instead of R4i.pk)

And yes you should have asked this in my thread instead of making a new thread on it. It's a bit unneeded clutter. :P

Reactions: cooroxd

Jahhhhhh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Found it's firmware and the soft reset SRL it uses. Looks the same as R4i Gold's softreset SRL. Did it nonetheless:

R4iPocket_Launcher.rar

You need patched TWL_FIRM to use it. I'd recommend Aureinand (and mabe CakesFW? I think that has TWL patches now. Don't quote me on it) as the CFW for using this as it has the supported TWL patches. rxTools is horribly out of date on their release page. rxTools 3.0 beta 2 will NOT work for any of the custom SRLs I've made since it's missing an important TWL firm patch. I've pretty much considered that cfw dead because they have not responded to my request to update their release page to have a build with the correct TWL patches.

Anyways, that should work. Because I used the SRL from the R4i Pocket's firmware, that launcher will expect your kernel file name to be R4i.pk on MicroSD card. It appears to be a DSTT clone so my DSTT Launcher would work with it too. (but you'd have to use TTMenu.dat instead of R4i.pk)

And yes you should have asked this in my thread instead of making a new thread on it. It's a bit unneeded clutter. :P
I'm sorry , I asked this on your thread but I got no response :ph34r::ph34r: thank you btw you are awesome! :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1