how can I run a r4 clone on my 2ds?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Jahhhhhh, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Jahhhhhh
    OP

Jahhhhhh GBAtemp Regular

Nov 5, 2015
    it is similar to this. But without the "i".
    [​IMG]

Which of these should I use? I am using emunand with Aureinand with a9lh :)

2. reiyu

reiyu Canadian, eh?

Jan 8, 2008
    Canada
  3. CeeDee

CeeDee hm?~

May 4, 2014
    United States
    somewhere
    [​IMG]
    Does it look like this? If so, try WoodR4Launcher or AnyKernel.

4. Jahhhhhh
    OP

Jahhhhhh GBAtemp Regular

Nov 5, 2015
    it is similar to this but without the "i" :P:P
    [​IMG]

5. CeeDee

CeeDee hm?~

May 4, 2014
    United States
    somewhere
    You could ask @Apache Thunder if he could make a forwarder for this card in his thread. You can likely use the R4i version of the firmware, which you can find at this nifty site.

6. Zech

Zech Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 11, 2016
    you found the thread where can ask. but instead, you chose to create a new thread. Wow...

7. Apache Thunder

Apache Thunder I have cameras in your head!

Oct 7, 2007
    United States
    Levelland, Texas
    Found it's firmware and the soft reset SRL it uses. Looks the same as R4i Gold's softreset SRL. Did it nonetheless:

R4iPocket_Launcher.rar

You need patched TWL_FIRM to use it. I'd recommend Aureinand (and mabe CakesFW? I think that has TWL patches now. Don't quote me on it) as the CFW for using this as it has the supported TWL patches. rxTools is horribly out of date on their release page. rxTools 3.0 beta 2 will NOT work for any of the custom SRLs I've made since it's missing an important TWL firm patch. I've pretty much considered that cfw dead because they have not responded to my request to update their release page to have a build with the correct TWL patches.

Anyways, that should work. Because I used the SRL from the R4i Pocket's firmware, that launcher will expect your kernel file name to be R4i.pk on MicroSD card. It appears to be a DSTT clone so my DSTT Launcher would work with it too. (but you'd have to use TTMenu.dat instead of R4i.pk)

And yes you should have asked this in my thread instead of making a new thread on it. It's a bit unneeded clutter. :P

cooroxd likes this.
  8. Jahhhhhh
    OP

Jahhhhhh GBAtemp Regular

Nov 5, 2015
    I'm sorry , I asked this on your thread but I got no response :ph34r::ph34r: thank you btw you are awesome! :)