How can I retreive my pokemon Alpha sapphire save?

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by placebooooo, Dec 21, 2014.

1. placebooooo
    OP

placebooooo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 9, 2013
    United States
    Philadelphia
    Hello,

First off, I am sorry that I am making a new thread for this, as I really wouldn't have unless i was really in need of help. I posted for help in another thread but didn't get a response. My apologies.

What I am using is a gateway on emunand 9.4 3ds xl with pokemon alpha sapphire installed as a .cia.

I was using pkhex to edit my pokemon AS save. What I did was I inserted pokemon into my pc box. After importing the save back into pokemon AS using savedata filer, I started the game and it worked fine. The hacks worked; I opened my pc box and found my charmander and bagon in their, but their names weren't there (the pokemon were nameless). While in the game, I put save and shut off my 3ds. So, I thought to go back and edit my save once more. I clicked on "nickname" in pkhex and added both pokemon's names. I also added latios in the pc box as well. But when i imported the save this time, I started the game and got an error (this save is not compatible error).

I tried to restore from my original, backed up (unedited) save file but I still get the same error.

Can someone please help me get my old save data back? I would really love some help as I got pretty into the game and this happened :(

thank you, really.

2. Shadowtrance

Shadowtrance GBAtemp Addict

May 9, 2014
    Hervey Bay, Queensland
    Yeah this error is why i gave up using the cia version of pokemon x and omega ruby.
    Never figured out how to not get the error or fix it so just went back to using the .3dz instead.
    Strangely enough, if i imported the same save back to the 3dz version on the gateway card it worked fine.
    So in the end i just found it easier to reorganize my gateway roms to have pokemon games at the start of the multirom menu and play it from there instead, no problems with editing, exporting, importing again at all.

Would like to figure out what causes it and how to fix it though.

3. placebooooo
    OP

placebooooo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 9, 2013
    United States
    Philadelphia
    I really appreciate the reply, and I am sorry things did not work out with the cia version :(
    I'm just like, really desperate at this point; I am trying to get my save back to normal but I am not sure what it is I am doing wrong :(

4. DarkFlare69

DarkFlare69 GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 8, 2014
    United States
    Ohio
    Right click on the save file --> properties --> restore previous versions.

This should restore an older version of the save, before you fucked it up.

5. mastermodr94

mastermodr94 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 3, 2014
    United States
    Another thing you can try is deleting the save off the Alpha Sapphire cia and then starting a new game and once you are able to save for the first time then try to reinject your save.