How can I restore wii to fabric?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by xologist, Dec 28, 2009.

Dec 28, 2009
  1. xologist
    OP

Newcomer xologist Member

United States
    I have installed like 15 different things from a looootttt of tutorials and now since i have installed so many things, most of the other tuts im trying dont work..

how can restore the wii to fabric or b4 i installed so many different CIOS IOS etc

the only sad thing would be HBC deleted =/

any help?

2. KiiWii

Member KiiWii GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    WTF does fabric mean? Do you mean "factory"?! If so look up virginising your wii. Also if you can't figure anything out after "lots" of tutorials maybe you should give up. Tard.

3. nabster92

Member nabster92 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Follow xzxero's guide in the stickies here. Doing the update to 4.2 section will get rid of any possible cIOSCORP installation you may have done as well as removing preloader/priiloader if it's there, and it will put a clean up to date set of IOS's on your Wii and the latest system menu and shop channel and HBC (and bootmii if possible).

Then the modify section will go over restoring the trucha bug back in IOS36 and using it to do a fresh install of all the cIOS's available which will install over whatever previous installs you may have had.

Pretty much anything else you did shouldn't really matter much unless you have cIOSCORP (that isn't the latest one) and deleted the HBC for some reason, in which case you would have to run something through bannerbomb to install a clean IOS 36 or something first to be able to reinstall the HBC.

Also I suggest reading through my guide up in the stickies as well first because if you've been following 15 different tutorials, you likely don't really understand whats going on at all.

4. xologist
    OP

Newcomer xologist Member

United States
    Thank you, I exaggerated on the amount of tuts I have read.

I will update to 4.2 and hopefully carry on from there. Could you link me to a tutorial that has how to play backup (burned dvd) games in 4.2 please?
    thank u for all the info.

5. nabster92

Member nabster92 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    They are in the stickies as I just said. Those links at the very top of this forum in their own little section and say "Sticky:" in front of them. Yes that means that they are stickied, and won't fall below that top part of the forum regardless of what other threads get posted in recently. One of said threads has my name in the topic starter section which you should READ through and understand, and then go to xzxero's which you can follow afterwards.