How can I request an existing thread be stickied?

kaisersozeh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I asked for a thread to be stickied and the moderator, he said - NO! - which is absolutely fair enough! ( & they were very polite :D )
I'm just looking for guidance on what would qualify, and I can't find any pointers? I recognise this has to be up to the moderators on the fly, but what are the guiding factors that make something likely to be stickied?
This is why I thought it might be a good candidate for stickiness -
-it was a link to a clear blog post about modding a infra red "sensor bar" to run off a usb port - Pictures, wireing diagram, methodology - a clear warning about using it on its own and why - i was really impresssed by it. It's a German website - the guys first language might not even be English, so doubly impressive.
-there's no other stickied post on the subforum - wii hardware - and I thought the subject matter would come up a lot and would be really useful to find there.

There are no comments, but I'd hoped the blog was clear enough such that further questions would be unnecessary. The point of the post is proven by the lack of questions :rofl:

Anyhow, accepting that its not worthy, and hopefully without coming off a bit rude, what is worthy?
There are some really outdated and old stickied posts around = more generally, how do you go about getting an update stickied? Just write it, edit it with the feed back and hope its good enough? only some forums arent that active with the feedback...
And suppose something is brand new and likely to generate interest, but hasn't built up a comment base yet? - I'm particularly interested in this question!!!

Any thoughts welcome - Thanks!

Last edited by kaisersozeh,

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This is why I thought it might be a good candidate for stickiness -
-it was a link to a clear blog post about modding a infra red "sensor bar" to run off a usb port - Pictures, wireing diagram, methodology - a clear warning about using it on its own and why - i was really impresssed by it. It's a German website - the guys first language might not even be English, so doubly impressive.
-there's no other stickied post on the subforum - wii hardware - and I thought the subject matter would come up a lot and would be really useful to find there.
More than a sticky, that information is worthy of a decently formatted topic in the Wii tutorials section :)

Reactions: kaisersozeh

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Honestly I just suggest keeping the thread up to date, informative, and approachable, basically giving solid reasons to be stickied. From there either the staff will take notice of the thread or you can report it if you feel like it might have been overlooked (the staff are people too and can't look through every section.)
Most of the time reporting a well made thread that is unique and fits the best requirements for a sticky will be stickied without much of a hassle.

kaisersozeh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Great stuff, people, appreciate those responses.
Exactly what I needed to know

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It should be a post with content rather than just a link. The other end of the link can get taken down at any time.
I did consider a copy and paste, with a credit and link to the original, but the formatting - picture stuff is beyond my abilities with posting via a phone!
I will eventually get on that though, after a few other projects....

A Vet walks up to a nervous man sitting in his waiting room -
"Mr. Schrodinger, I have some good news, and some bad news..."

Reactions: Quantumcat

DeoNaught

I'm here to steal memes and break dreams
Trophies
Website
Gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
basically, relevant information, good formatting, and easy to read(This last one isn't necessary much, but there's more of a chance of it getting sticky-ed if it's easy to read).

It can be links, my sticky-ed post is just links, and if you are really looking to get something sticky-ed, i'd suggest looking at other sticky-ed topics.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end