how can i put an eshop game that i bought in emunand ?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Pseudogi, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Pseudogi
    OP

Pseudogi Member

Newcomer
    Nov 12, 2010
    France
    Hello everyone! I recently downgraded my 3DS from 10.3 to 9.2 and then hacked my console (and formatted my SD Card). Before doing all of this, I made a backup of my SD card with SMT 4, an eshop game, inside.
    Now that I have hacked my console, I'd like to have my game with the save back in my 3DS :
    -What folders of my backup should I paste in my SD Card ?
    -Is there going to be a problem with the save ?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my english.

2. RednaxelaNnamtra

RednaxelaNnamtra GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 8, 2011
    Gambia, The
    you need to simply copy the nintendo 3ds folder back to your sd. If you used menuhax on 10.3, you need to start your 3ds without the sd inserted an Select a theme.
    if you have used the sd already on your 3ds there will be a nintendo 3ds folder on your sd card, you need to delete or rename this folder before you copy your old one.

Last edited by RednaxelaNnamtra, Jan 10, 2016
  3. Pseudogi
    OP

Pseudogi Member

Newcomer
    Nov 12, 2010
    France
    But if I simply merge the nintendo 3ds folders I think there will be a problem, because I modified the dbs folder during hacking my 3ds so I thought that I should keep the new dbs folder untouched, am I right ?
    Furthermore I already install some CIA games in my 3ds, so when I will have to merge the nintendo 3DS, is there going to be a conflict ...?

4. CrispyYoshi

CrispyYoshi GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 20, 2010
    United States
    I say back up your current /Nintendo 3DS/ folder, merge it with your old one, and when it asks about the /dbs/ files, do not replace your new ones. See if that works.

If it fails, use SaveDataFiler to back up your current saves, replace the folder with your old one, then install the games as .cia (or re-download them from eShop) and restore your saves with SaveDataFiler

5. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    If you just copy the old folder on top of the new one there will most likely be a conflict and only the old or the new data will show up on the home menu.

RednaxelaNnamtra and CrispyYoshi like this.
  6. Syphurith

Syphurith Beginner

Mar 8, 2013
    Switzerland
    Xi'an, Shaanxi Province
  7. Pseudogi
    OP

Pseudogi Member

Newcomer
    Nov 12, 2010
    France
    Ok thanks i will try this.

Thanks for the advice but what I want to conserve is essentially the save.

8. Syphurith

Syphurith Beginner

Mar 8, 2013
    Switzerland
    Xi'an, Shaanxi Province
    If you want to port the save, go get svdt, or find SaveDataFiler to export/import it.
    Yeah i've made some games that i've finished via SaveDataFiler to achives on my PC.

9. Pseudogi
    OP

Pseudogi Member

Newcomer
    Nov 12, 2010
    France
    Ok so I will try to merge the nintendo 3ds folders and if it doesn't work I will use SaveDataFiler and make a CIA of my game. Thanks for your advices!

Last edited by Pseudogi, Jan 10, 2016