How can I prevent my L&R buttons from breaking?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by EpicJungle, Aug 31, 2011.

1. EpicJungle
    OP

EpicJungle stop browbeating me can't you see i'm sexy

Aug 28, 2009
    Canada
    My DSi's shoulder buttons are starting to give up, and blowing (using canned air) fixes it for a few weeks.
    Now, how can I prevent dust or protect it in any way so it won't break?

Please be specific if you recommend buying cases for my DSi [​IMG]

Thanks [​IMG]

2. Ron

Ron somehow a weeb now.

Dec 10, 2009
    Canada
    here
    You really can't. You gotta keep blowin on them for the rest of your DSi's life, unless you change the case, but even then, it'll start to die eventually.

3. DarkStriker

DarkStriker GBAtemp's Kpop lover!

Mar 15, 2009
    Norway
    NIKU!
    My familiy owns a total of 2 DSl, 1 DSi & 2 3DS. Never had any issue with the L&R buttons. ron975's suggestion is the only way i guess. But wouldn't replacing the shoulder buttons do the trick? They have longer living time than in the case right?

4. EpicJungle
    OP

Aug 28, 2009
    Canada
    I'm sorry, I don't quite understand what this means :S

5. DarkStriker

DarkStriker GBAtemp's Kpop lover!

Mar 15, 2009
    Norway
    NIKU!
    Replace the shoulder bottons with new ones. That way u renew its lifespan no?

6. Aia

Aia Member

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    You'll have to replace the button itself, not just the plastic part of the casing. And believe me, that thing is SMALL. As I recall correctly, it's a small mostly-cubic thing around... 3mm a side? Probably less. [Photo: http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-93938399693634_2170_15453924 ]

I've blown out my LRs years ago; it's a DS Lite from Taiwan before they were released in the US. I know it's possible to remap the buttons via cheats such that, say, Select+Left = L and Select+Right = R, but I can't remember where I've seen that. Wish I could. >

7. EpicJungle
    OP

Aug 28, 2009
    Canada

8. jabbawockeez

jabbawockeez Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 4, 2011
    Switzerland
    it looks difficult to protect the L&R, because that is easy to broken, no matter how carefully you are .so do not use them with rude.

9. BloodWolfJW

BloodWolfJW Marotheit

Feb 11, 2011
    United States
    Colorado Springs
    Simple, but hard fix. Don't place it in your pocket...hard, I know, but it worked for me