Gaming How can I prevent my L&R buttons from breaking?

EpicJungle

stop browbeating me can't you see i'm sexy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My DSi's shoulder buttons are starting to give up, and blowing (using canned air) fixes it for a few weeks.
Now, how can I prevent dust or protect it in any way so it won't break?

Please be specific if you recommend buying cases for my DSi
smile.gif

Thanks
biggrin.gif

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
You really can't. You gotta keep blowin on them for the rest of your DSi's life, unless you change the case, but even then, it'll start to die eventually.

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
My familiy owns a total of 2 DSl, 1 DSi & 2 3DS. Never had any issue with the L&R buttons. ron975's suggestion is the only way i guess. But wouldn't replacing the shoulder buttons do the trick? They have longer living time than in the case right?

EpicJungle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ron975 said:
You really can't. You gotta keep blowin on them for the rest of your DSi's life, unless you change the case, but even then, it'll start to die eventually.

Well that truly sucks
frown.gif

So I guess that means making this topic is pretty useless, huh.

QUOTE(DarkStriker @ Aug 30 2011, 07:46 PM) ........ They have longer living time than in the case right?

I'm sorry, I don't quite understand what this means :S

Aia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'll have to replace the button itself, not just the plastic part of the casing. And believe me, that thing is SMALL. As I recall correctly, it's a small mostly-cubic thing around... 3mm a side? Probably less. [Photo: http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-93938399693634_2170_15453924 ]

I've blown out my LRs years ago; it's a DS Lite from Taiwan before they were released in the US. I know it's possible to remap the buttons via cheats such that, say, Select+Left = L and Select+Right = R, but I can't remember where I've seen that. Wish I could. >

EpicJungle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DarkStriker said:
Replace the shoulder bottons with new ones. That way u renew its lifespan no?
Aia said:
You'll have to replace the button itself, not just the plastic part of the casing. And believe me, that thing is SMALL. As I recall correctly, it's a small mostly-cubic thing around... 3mm a side? Probably less. [Photo: http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-93938399693634_2170_15453924 ]

Yeah, I don't think replacing it will be a solution. I am terribly bad at fixing such things. ):

QUOTE(Aia @ Sep 1 2011, 02:21 PM)
I've blown out my LRs years ago; it's a DS Lite from Taiwan before they were released in the US. I know it's possible to remap the buttons via cheats such that, say, Select+Left = L and Select+Right = R, but I can't remember where I've seen that. Wish I could. >

jabbawockeez

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
it looks difficult to protect the L&R, because that is easy to broken, no matter how carefully you are .so do not use them with rude.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs