Hacking How can I port Gateshark Codes to NTR ?

Luro02

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I found the Gateshark2NTR Tool but there is no source and I would like to make a cleaner menu.
I can get the Gateshark Codes from fort42 but how can I convert/port them ?
I think a game.plg file is the same like getting from an exe the C/C++-Code....

A good an easy to understand Way/Tool will be nice ^^

Greetings
Lucas

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
I found the Gateshark2NTR Tool but there is no source and I would like to make a cleaner menu.

Greetings
Lucas

@Nanquitas could help you further to this

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Greetings
Lucas

What kind of menu edits were you thinking about? So far there's only two plugin styles currently made. The default on accessed through NTR's X+Y menu and the GateShark lib menu used in GateShark2NTR activated with Select. While the GateShark2NTR program is not open sourced (they lost the source files in a computer crash) the plugin it generates is open source and you can convert the codes by hand and customize the menu some. So what kind of edits are you thinking of?

Last edited by DocKlokMan,

Luro02

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
What kind of menu edits were you thinking about? So far there's only two plugin styles currently made. The default on accessed through NTR's X+Y menu and the GateShark lib menu used in GateShark2NTR activated with Select. While the GateShark2NTR program is not open sourced (they lost the source files in a computer crash) the plugin it generates is open source and you can convert the codes by hand and customize the menu some. So what kind of edits are you thinking of?
I want to edit the Wallpaper,Credits maybe Fonts Pictures and Layout of the Select Screen :/
What is and what isn't OpenSource ?
Did they lost the Source for converting GateShark Codes ? :d (PLEASE NOT)

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to edit the Wallpaper,Credits maybe Fonts Pictures and Layout of the Select Screen :/
What is and what isn't OpenSource ?
Did they lost the Source for converting GateShark Codes ? :d (PLEASE NOT)
You can edit the wallpaper. Not sure what you mean by pictures, but if you mean the backgrounds for things like the note popups, then you can edit that too. You cannot edit fonts, credits (with the exception of the plugin builder's name), and the layout can only be edited to do things like empty lines between spoilers or adding non-selectable text for things like notes or showing dynamic info.

The library that renders the menu, fonts, layouts, etc is closed source and the source has been lost, which is why customizations are limited. The source code for automatically converting GateShark codes to NTR has been lost as well, that is why they need to be converted by hand if you don't want to use GateShark2NTR. The actual plugin source is available here in the form of a blank cheat menu: https://github.com/RyDog199/blankCheatMenu

If you want to see an example of a filled out plugin using this source, see my SuMo plugin here: https://github.com/AnalogMan151/sumoCheatMenu

Reactions: Luro02

Nanquitas

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi :)

If you want to create your own menu, you must know how to code in C/ CPP first, then you can create your functions in the plugin demo's sources from Cell9.

For something related to Gateshark2NTR, @AnalogMan said everything.

On my github you can also find the sources of my Zelda OOT plugin's sources.
The dev branch propose a different version of the lib which have a in-game logger (L + Start).
Useful to debug something or track data, functions calls etc.

If you need something else, you can ask. :)

Last edited by Nanquitas,
Reactions: ScarletDreamz

Luro02

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If you want to create your own menu, you must know how to code in C/ CPP first, then you can create your functions in the plugin demo's sources from Cell9.
At the Moment I can just write C Code :/

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ah and is there a way to convert a full Folder with Gateshark Code-txt's to NTR ? (around 500 xD)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp +1