Fingi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey,
So i am curious if i could play by any chanche WiiWare games on my vWii. I saw a few tutorials but they were all using a normal Wii. Do i just put the games to my games folder on my flash drive via USB Loader GX or how does this work?

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to find .wads (can't help you, google) and put them on your sd card and install them with a wad installer. It works the same way on vWii as Wii.

They will be installed as individual channels on your vWii.

Last edited by EmulateLife,

Fingi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ok so where do i put the .wads on my sd card? Just the root of the sd card? And what for a wad installer should i use? Could you recommend me one?
I heard that there is a high chance of bricking my vWii is that true?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ok so where do i put the .wads on my sd card?
Most wad managers allow any path to be used, but the de facto standard is a folder called "wads" in the root of the SD

And what for a wad installer should i use? Could you recommend me one?
Sure - "Some Yawmm Mod"

I heard that there is a high chance of bricking my vWii is that true?
Apart from the nonzero-but-if-it-happens-to-you-go-buy-a-lottery-ticket-now risk intrinsic in all flash writes (which happen in normal boot and usage of the console too), a good wad is a good wad and a bad wad is a bad wad, they don't spontaneously become bad in the installation process (ie "buyer" beware, when getting software from unknown sources)

In any case, while a Vwii doesn't support Priiloader (and its anti-bannerbrick value), you can always remove a bannerbricking title, or replace an overwritten critical system title, from the WiiU side via FTP

Fingi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What do you mean? So that i can use USB Loader GX from my vWii menu? I alredy have USB Loader GX on my Menu.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: they be like which lite firefox exe pls