How can I play Trauma Team on my softmodded Ver. 4.2U Wii?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Axmann, Dec 14, 2010.

1. Axmann
    OP

Newcomer Axmann Member

United States
    Okay so I want to play Trauma Team on my wii (I actually have the real game) but the disc channel says: "In order to use this software, you must perform a Wii system update. Select OK to begin the update." Obviously, I don't want to do the software update since I have a softmodded Wii and I don't want to have to re-do everything. Is there a standalone workaround that I can install to my Wii somehow without having to actually update my system?

2. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    There sure is. In fact, there are a lot of ways to do it.
    -priiloader has a hack that blocks all disc updates. It may cause you to play games with outdated IOS'es (assuming you're not using a cIOS to run it to begin with), which may cause the game to crash...but in practice, I don't think this ever happens. All in all, priiloader is worth getting for this function alone (and it has more features of roughly the same priceless value).
    -modmii (see the sticky guide) is probably the best way to get everything as up to date as possible without losing anything.
    -if you know what IOS Trauma team uses, you can use programs like Dop-mii or MMM to manually update that IOS without messing with the others.