Hacking How Can I Play SSBB (ntsc) Backup?

john310

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I've been searching all over the net to find out how to play backed up version of NTSC, 7.95gb (approximately) Brawl (I've got every other Wii games that doesn't use the dual layer disc worked) , but I can't seem to find a very clear guide to play backup copy of brawl with soft mod.

firmware: 3.2U
Installed the "Cios Installer", and got Backup Laucher 0.3 gamma working.
Backed up Brawl by dumping over wifi.
Burned brawl to Verbatim + Dual layer disc, at 2.4x by using Imgburn.

BTW, my error is that when I try to load from the Launcher, I get a DVD error with numbers, and when I try to launch the game from the disc channel through Backup Launcher, it says unable to load the disc.

john310

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bugaveli said:
use the search button and read about how to make it a dvd5 version im playing ssbb right now

However, I do not wish to play just the VS. modes. I would also like to play the SSE.
unsure.gif

D

Deleted User

SEARCH!!!
It will lead you on how to make SSBB on dvd5, fully playable with SSE!

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Buy and install a ModChip, do the DVD5 SSBB or the best one..............buy the legit copy, you can also install the cIOS for beta, but I don't think you want to reduce your Gamma compatibility, but how come 50 bucks isn't affordable for you, in México it is at 80 bucks, and still is worth the price...!!!
smile.gif

john310

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, since I have now decided that I am going to make DVD 5, I am not going to give up..!
angry.gif

But my obstacle as of now is the Wiiscrubber program, and I got the necessary file, but I do not know how I can compress Brawl, because when I just click on Scrub, it just made another copy...

SWORD21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just download a torrent of the dvd5 version. That's what I did. And it also has the fully playable SSE. PLUS, if you have wiiscrubber and get the dvd5 ssbb, you can replace the .pcs files and get texture hacks! Also, get the backup gamma channel with the 002 fix. Use the search button if you have to.

jqwest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
u can install softchip loader .r75 and point it at cios 248 aka cios 36 revision 6. that cios 36 rev6 plays dual layer discs it just wont play anything else very well at all

john310

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Creadle said:
deadrabbit said:
SSBB DL Pal version works fine on gamma 0.3g. I tested it when I soft modded a few friends wiis.

Yes but not with Cios R7. At least not for me.
It works just with Cios R6

By Cios R6, you mean cios36 rev 6? Also I have already installed rev 7, and it of course, will not boot the game. For me to install rev 6, do i need to uninstall rev 7, or can I just install it like I did with rev 7?

john310

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ARRRGH. I am trying to install rev 6, with the required file ios36 wad but it says error at the end when it tries to install.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended