How can i play a modded ver of dragon ball z budokai tenkaichi 3?

osbodav

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking to play some modded versions like dbz super ten Kachina and other versions. How would I be able to play them? When I install them to had and run opl it just sits at a black screen and nothing happens waited 10min+ and still nothing.

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Probably not helping you - but still something you could try and people should know about.

So in cases of blackscreens on games in OPL you should first consult the OPL compatibility chart. (Google OPL compatibility list.)

For those DBZ games it reads:
Bildschirmfoto 2021-09-26 um 19.46.56.png

Meaning the games you are interested in probably wont need any hacks to be enabled to run. But to make sure, we'll try them out anyhow. :)

So those are the hacks mentioned:
Bildschirmfoto 2021-09-26 um 19.48.00.png

Most of the games not running would need a combination of 1, 2 and 6 enabled and then would run - or not. ;)

When trying them out you could start with:

2+6 enabled,
1+6 enabled,
1+2+6 enabled,
2 enabled,
1 enabled,
1+2 enabled
3+6 enabled
1+2+3+6 enabled

in that order. If one with 6 in it works (and the game loads up), also try the combination without the 6 on for that game. Then you are done. If you still get black screens, then continue down the list to see if any of the combinations changes anything.

Other numbered hacks usually arent needed to get games to run.

Skip Video might be needed to run games at 1080i using a different hack - but leave that aside, while you are still trying to get games running, and try to run them at normal resolutions first.

You enable those hacks as "per game options" in that games settings. (Dont forget to save.)
--

Because the compatibility list for your game doesnt have any needed hacks listed, its somewhat doubtful, that they would solve your issue, but its still possible..

Also there is HD Loader, which is a different way of loading games on your PS2 (usually less compatible than OPL).

And there are several ways of running them burned off of a disk, but I'm no expert in that - so you'll have to wait for someone else to guide you through - probably a MechaPwn tutorial. :)
--

Oh and you could try PCSX2 on a PC of course (PS2 emulation).

Last edited by notimp,
Reactions: zfreeman

CoolMe

.. Days'd & con'fused ..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you using usb, smb or internal hdd? I think the game run fine even on usb (minus slow FMV), don't think it could affect how the hacked version runs. Try to defrag the drive, or you have a corrupted iso somehow.

osbodav

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you using usb, smb or internal hdd? I think the game run fine even on usb (minus slow FMV), don't think it could affect how the hacked version runs. Try to defrag the drive, or you have a corrupted iso somehow.
Im using a hdd for it i tried usb and same results. It flashes the colors before starting acting like it wants to read it.

CoolMe

.. Days'd & con'fused ..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it's stuck on particular color you could look up what it means, for example if it gets stuck on white screen, it means the drive is fragmented or the title ID doesn't match.. Etc

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    or "heatad gamer moment"-proof floors
    Gift
  • El_Doot @ El_Doot:
    how did you go 3 years with cheeto on your mouse without realizing tho
    Gift
    do you look under the buttons of your mouse
    Gift
  • El_Doot @ El_Doot:
    why do your friends look under the buttons of your mouse
    Gift
    they dont it's just that they saw the outside of my mouse and said it was disgusting
    Gift
  • El_Doot @ El_Doot:
    oh wait I understand my braincells have increased
    Gift
  • El_Doot @ El_Doot:
    by 1
    Gift
    funnily enough when i was telling my openly femboy furry bf and my friend(we talk about femboys sometimes) they said "nope we don't wanna hear that that's disgusting"
    Gift
    why is cheeto dust of all things
    the subject that crosses the line
    Gift
  • RichardTheKing @ RichardTheKing:
    Wait, Switch Online now has Super Mario 64, right?
    Gift
    i really hate to say this but
    Gift
    i dont think it does
    Gift
    Huh, makes sense; they did sell that through the 3D All-Stars collection.
    Gift
    Which, last I heard was removed from the eShop...so they might as well offer it again, I guess...
    Gift
    Will they use the same Shindou-translated ROM, or the original English ROM?
    Gift
    googling it, it seems that mario 64 is on the service
    Gift
    in japan they use the shindou version apparently but in the states and elsewhere they use the original rom
    Gift
    oh boy oh boy oh boy i sure do love living in japan and being a mario fan, i just got the new expansion pack, i cant wait to do some bljs!
    +1
    Gift
    From what I've heard about the Expansion Pack, the emulator used has some noticeable input delay and/or lag...would BLJs even be possible?
    Gift
    Apparently Nintendo adapted the 3D All-Stars emulator, instead of their old Virtual Console emulator - or, if nothing else, copying what fans have done.
    Gift
    from what i can seem to gather there's some issues but nothing dramatic enough to severely impact what you're playing
    Gift
    honestly the whole expansion pack confuses me since i thought the nes/snes games were just a neat little bonus
    Gift
  • El_Doot @ El_Doot:
    wait julie your bf is a femboy holy shit im jealous
    +1
    Gift
  • AkiraKurusu @ AkiraKurusu:
    So many planes flying overhead, and they sound close...
    Gift
  • DJPlace @ DJPlace:
    do you need friends to play the games online for the switch exapsion pack i know snes and nes do.
    Gift
    DJPlace @ DJPlace: do you need friends to play the games online for the switch exapsion pack i know snes and nes do.