Hacking HOW CAN I PATCH ALL GAMES IN TEMPLATE WITH C2 (macronix) cart type

Christian Rosado

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just as it reads, headers are not working online because, they dont match my cartridge manufacturer. I ripped a header from a C2 cart so I injected it into a game that had C2 on its template and it worked online. Now is a real pain to be editing the template for C2 everytime I download a new updated template file. Any tool that does this automacticly, something like no ban no sky that patches the whole template with the private header?

Osmosis

Accidents Happen. Don't be one of them.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No Ban No Sky.

First use ROM-PATCHER (from Gateway Ultra Pack) to inject your header into a copy of a C2 ROM. Then use ROM-Patcher to export the ROM's header to a .bin file. Then use NO BAN NO SKY with new template and header.bin file you created from ROM. Only connect the header and template. No need to connect ROM in NO BAN NO SKY. Click the APPLY TO ALL OF TEMPLATE button instead of APPLY TO ROM FILE.

Doing this will spam your template file with the header. So be careful, some games don't use C2 headers. Those you will have to go back into the template and add manually.

This is how I do mine. Sadly, it is the only way I have ever gotten private headers to work for Sky3DS.

To find out which games require a C2 (Macronix) is to open the template in notepad, find the game, and check the Chip ID line. If it has C2 in it, it's a macronix. If not, you'll need a different private header that matches that Chip ID.

Another thing you'll notice is that ROM-PATCHER can also inject the Chip ID. So be careful you know what Chip ID goes to which header.

Reactions: RahFah

Christian Rosado

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, that's exactly what I've been doing changing manufacturers on template to C2. But it takes a lot of time specially when sky3ds keeps updating the template so I have to change them all again on the new template. It would be very helpful if no ban no sky could patch child ID . That's what I'm looking for.Something to patch manufacturers automatically. Now why do you inject header to rom and then you patch the template with header? I thought I only had to patch the template with private header the write games to SD card with the patched template. It works fine. So isn't injecting header to ROM same thing as writing it on diskwriter with patched template file?

LameNobody

Weighted Companion Cube Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, that's exactly what I've been doing changing manufacturers on template to C2. But it takes a lot of time specially when sky3ds keeps updating the template so I have to change them all again on the new template. It would be very helpful if no ban no sky could patch child ID . That's what I'm looking for.Something to patch manufacturers automatically. Now why do you inject header to rom and then you patch the template with header? I thought I only had to patch the template with private header the write games to SD card with the patched template. It works fine. So isn't injecting header to ROM same thing as writing it on diskwriter with patched template file?

What you're doing is the correct way... but I understand your frustration..
Go to the NoBanSky thread and ask the dev to add the chip feature, or maybe someone could make a script to auto patch it.

Osmosis

Accidents Happen. Don't be one of them.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The whole ROM-Patcher step is about creating a header.bin file for NO BAN NO SKY.

Rom-Patcher should even let you select which chip ID the private header belongs to. It has to be injected into the ROM before it can be extracted. Otherwise you're just exporting the ROM's general/blank header. Which is why you'll need a copy of a ROM that you can trash later.

What's worse is trying to find out which Chip ID belongs to a private header if you didn't dump the ROM or header from GW menu. Especially for those that used the Powersaves method for getting private header.

And trust me, I know I'm doing it wrong. But this method was the only way I got it work. Powersaves>private header>ROM-Patcher>export header to header.bin>NoBanNoSky>spam template

Perhaps using ROM-Patcher to change Chip ID per game template will work? I have no idea. Didn't try it. All I know is that I had to retreive a private header using Powersaves and guess what Chip ID it belong to by using the template for finding the Chip ID line.

Once I knew I had a C2 header, then I exported the header through Rom-Patcher to use with NoBanNoSky.

The key difference in NoBanNoSky is to apply to all of template instead of to a single rom template. This allows you to skip connecting a ROM file. So double-click template file, green, double-click header.bin, green, then apply to all of template.

I'm not quite sure why others have been able to modify the Chip ID to the template so the header will work.

Some say SAK works, others say NBNS. Personally, I had to make sure my private header was a C2 to begin with before I even injected it into my template.

So maybe certain headers work with any chip while others are specific.

What I do know is that after I used GW to dump my ROM/Header my C2 header had a special unknown byte of 0x08 in it, but even without it, it worked.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i think im a bad person