How can I move saves from EmuNAND to SysNAND?

Discussion in 'Switch - ROM Hacking, Saves, Translations & Tools' started by ReclaimerShawn, Dec 27, 2018.

1. username23bob

username23bob GBAtemp Regular

Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    have you had any luck man lol i never tried it myself but with mario maker coming out i wanted to eventually transfer the emunand save to sysnand (after i buy the game in a couple weeks).

2. crimsonnight

crimsonnight GBAtemp Fan

Jan 9, 2008
    Sorry for the delay - I haven't tried it as I was waiting to hear from some people who have beforehand >_<

3. ELY_M

ELY_M Developer

pip Developer
    Dec 6, 2007
    United States
    I used edizon to transfer my smm2 saves from my banned switch to my online switch. both switches have atmosphere. as far I am lucky and have not been banned on my online switch yet. I bought my own smm2 game cart.

4. Blaze Uchiha

Blaze Uchiha GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 6, 2016
    United States
    So you cant just use checkpoint to extract a save from to emunand and just use checkpoint again to inject my save into Sysnand? Could Nintendo even detect that you're using homebrew? I imagine that it would just look like you're using the album app

5. ReclaimerShawn
    OP

ReclaimerShawn GBAtemp Regular

Dec 17, 2018
    United States
    Using Checkpoint on SysNAND is a bad idea as homebrew has TitleIDs, which basically means that once Nintendo sees Checkpoint's foreign TitleID, you would likely get flagged for a ban.

6. Blaze Uchiha

Blaze Uchiha GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 6, 2016
    United States
    I see. That sucks
    Is there any info out there on this?

7. sergux

sergux Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 14, 2018
    Afghanistan
    i want to transfer my save file of pokemon sword with my legit pokes from the emunand then i will buy a cartridge to compete in tournaments, the main point is to avoid breeding wasting too many hours. But im scared about possibility of ban :( I hope anyone release info about a safe way to do that. Using pkhex like old times, i just want to compete fairly, anyway actually nintendo should ban faster than last generations if they detect pokemon with cheats, we are truly sure of that :D

8. Basketto

Basketto GBAtemp Regular

Jun 25, 2019
    Australia
    If you edit or modify a save on a hacked switch or emunand, and transfer to a clean sysnand on another switch legitimately(providing you have two switches), if everything is legitimate im not sure how nintendo would detect anything tbh.

9. johnma2

johnma2 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 14, 2018
    United States
    Altering saves at any time is not detectable by Nintendo. They really don't care about that. What they detect however is if you're online and using cheats or if you're that guy who has games installed but you do not own in the eShop.

Checkpoint doesn't create foreign TitleIDs, it uses the same information at all times backing up and restoring any save.

Nintendo will not detect this. Even if you're online using cheats, the only cheats they care about are the ones that alter any online battling or competitions.

You can do this and also do the other way as well. Again this isn't the stuff that Nintendo cares about. Nintendo can't detect homebrew, but they can detect if you're using cheats in online battles and competitions.

Last edited by johnma2, Dec 8, 2019 at 3:25 AM
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted