Hardware How can i migrate from emunand to sysnand?

JHaruna

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Somehow i've got a new switch which is BANNED, and i want to move my current switch's emunand data to banned switch's sysnand so that i can use whole microSD card as a storage.

I've found a way that MIGHT work but i'm not really sure, and i don't want my new switch to be bricked.

So before carrying it out i want to make sure if this is the right way.

This is the way i found out : there's Hekate backup&restore tool, and i made a backup for emunand area, both [SD eMMC BOOT0&BOOT1], [SD eMMC RAW GPP] with [SD emuMMC RAW Partition] button ON, put the files in the restore folder.

After that in the restore section, i will restore the files with [SD emuMMC RAW Partition] OFF, so that the partition area can be restored on sysnand.

Will I be able to migrate emunand data to sysnand with this?

thesjaakspoiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Technically that should be possible but 1 mistake and you have a lot more to worry about.
Dumping your savegames with Checkpoint and reinstalling all your games will lower the chances of bricking your Switch.

Kermit00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Did anyone tried this? I like to do it on the same switch (not 2 different devices - emummc was created from the same device).
I don't want to re-install everything new.

Last edited by Kermit00,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Somehow i've got a new switch which is BANNED, and i want to move my current switch's emunand data to banned switch's sysnand so that i can use whole microSD card as a storage.

I've found a way that MIGHT work but i'm not really sure, and i don't want my new switch to be bricked.

So before carrying it out i want to make sure if this is the right way.

This is the way i found out : there's Hekate backup&restore tool, and i made a backup for emunand area, both [SD eMMC BOOT0&BOOT1], [SD eMMC RAW GPP] with [SD emuMMC RAW Partition] button ON, put the files in the restore folder.

After that in the restore section, i will restore the files with [SD emuMMC RAW Partition] OFF, so that the partition area can be restored on sysnand.

Will I be able to migrate emunand data to sysnand with this?
Should be possible.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.