Hacking How can I merge real Zelda save into new Beta1?

codone

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way to transfer either the Zelda hack (slot 0) into my personal Zelda save file (using slot 2 & 3)? Or vice versa?

Mysticcal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
just install homebrew channel and wad installer and then remove the hacked game save. tis what I did. much easier. and you dont have to risk them deleting it again in the future and then you'd be lost of your original save.

link459

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Mysticcal said:
just install homebrew channel and wad installer and then remove the hacked game save. tis what I did. much easier. and you dont have to risk them deleting it again in the future and then you'd be lost of your original save.

Installing saves with WAD Installer... wat.

EDIT: Read it wrong...

But, some people still want to use the Zelda Hack.

g4jek8j54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I doubt that there is any easy way to do it. I believe that you can start a new file on one of the empty slot(s), but I'm not sure on that. In your case, I would just do what Mysticcal said, and backup your actual Zelda file, use the Twilight Hack to install the Homebrew Channel, and then place your file back on. That way, you can still run homebrew, and be able to easily access your Zelda save. Just follow sites like GBAtemp and Wiibrew.org for information on future firmware updates.

Mysticcal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
link459 said:
Mysticcal said:

Installing saves with WAD Installer... wat.

EDIT: Read it wrong...

But, some people still want to use the Zelda Hack.

ok. then these people will be forced to keep the save install on it. it's closed minded to not install HBC. no one is gonna help you out if you don't decide to do what mainstream does. twilight hack's main purpose is to install HBC anyways. who wants to load Twilight Princess anytime you want to install another wad anyways.

Dylaan

Trophies
XP
Country
I asked exactly the same question on #Wiidev today. Unfortunately no-one was willing to help me and all I was told was that it would be fairly difficult and to use HBC instead... I already have the HBC installed, there are just some things I'd rather use the Twilight Hack for. It'd be nice if someone could at least give some pointers.

st0nedpenguin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mysticcal said:
ok. then these people will be forced to keep the save install on it. it's closed minded to not install HBC. no one is gonna help you out if you don't decide to do what mainstream does. twilight hack's main purpose is to install HBC anyways. who wants to load Twilight Princess anytime you want to install another wad anyways.

Twilight Hack is the only option if you're one of the many people who experience random lockups and crashes when running MFE-Wii via the Homebrew Channel.

codone

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jayparadox said:
I can help perfectly with that.
Just send me a dump(with Waninkokos Savegame Extractor) of the save game and I'll *try* to do the rest.

That's very kind of you to offer jayparadox! Since I'm replying let me ask, does "Waninkokos Savegame Extractor" do a decrypt on the save file? I glanced at the data in Notepad, and it looked like encrypted data. If it does decrypt, perhaps I can give it a try myself!

Yes, I'm one of the few that has resisted the HBC. It's a fantastic achievement, but I was trying to hold out on "incriminating" my Wii if I could. I only run the SNES emulator once or twice a week. I didn't want to have to do a lot of copying, deleting, and changing between two SD cards to switch from playing Zelda, and booting the hack. I'm sure the HBC will be great once I install it and use it... But I didn't want to be in line for some punishment from Nintendo if there wasn't a need.

EDIT: Another question, if I read the notes correctly on what the 3.3 firmware does, it sounds like there are three backup slots in addition to the three save slots you can see in Zelda? It sounds like you might know something about the save format, so I thought I'd ask. Thanks!

jayparadox

Trophies
Website
pokemon-project.com
XP
Country
Spain
Just sent back a PM with the new savegame file, merged yours with the new TP hack. More info in the MP
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: happy birth +1