How can I make my DVD9 Brawl iso fit onto DVD5?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Omgwtfisthat, Apr 19, 2009.

1. Omgwtfisthat
    OP

Member Omgwtfisthat GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    I'm about to go dump the iso for brawl from my original DVD9 using USBLoader. How can I resize it so that it'll fit onto a DVD5?

Btw, does dumping via the wii laser have any negative effects?

2. MrBubbles

Member MrBubbles GBAtemp Fan

United States
    1) What is "Original DVD9"? Is that a retail version of Brawl? Or a full dual layer backup of Brawl?
    2) You'll do more damage by straining the laser over years of backups and retail games than a one time dump to a HD.

tldr; Why do you want it to fit for DVD5 if you're dumping it to a USB Loader and no to the second question.

3. Omgwtfisthat
    OP

Australia
    I want the DVD5 version because my ext HDD is mainly used at my laptop. It's troublesome bringing it in and out with it's power adapter. And yeah I meant the retail version [​IMG]
    Edit: Sorry my bandwidth is capped so I've finally been able to search a thread and found out that I could use wii scrubber. Would this give me the 4.3gb iso?

4. FenrirWolf

Member FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    I think you should invest in a separate HDD for your Wii. Also, why would you want a DVD5 backup that will only load at 3X from a DVD if you have the original game?

5. Omgwtfisthat
    OP

Australia
    I have my reasons....... but yeah, I think I'll just give wii scrubber a go later

6. Shinigami Kiba

Member Shinigami Kiba GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
    There is a DVD5 rip out there, you can't install it to the HDD, at least back when all this was still new with USB Loader 1.1 and Maximillion's WBFS GUI based on wbfs_win.exe was the best it wouldn't let you install the rip to a hard drive/flash drive because the size wasn't right or something.

It wouldn't copy from the Wii itself either