Homebrew How can I make cheats work on games?

SG

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've been Googling lots and I still can't figure out how to apply cheats to games. I don't understand any of the technical jargon, and I don't know what I need. Here is what I DO know:

I need Gecko OS. Apparently it now has Ocarina integrated into it. I have the latest version.

Do I also need Cheat Manager? If so, what's going on with Gecko's cheat function?

I know how to get codes but not how to create them in a .txt doc or where to put them on the SD card, nor how to enable or disable them.

Hopefully someone can explain to me in idiot terms what to do!

Finally, is there a way to cheat on Gamecube games too?

ddetkowski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
accio hacks for almost any system.
We need more info from you.
Do you use a USB loader/drive to play off of?
Or discs?
Wii games? Wiiware? Virtual Console?
Accio hacks has an app for your homebrew channel.
Are you setup for Wifi for the Wii?
If I were you, i'd use Configurable USB loader, put your Wii games on a USB drive,
get your WIFI on, and from there as you are in the games menu, you can download ocarina cheats that automatically go to your SD card, no user input involved. Its that simple. And format your USB ext. drive to FAT32 first.

SG

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks for replying.

No USB Loader. No wifi,I will have in a few months but I want to be able to do things in the meantime.

Its for legit retail Wii games.

So Acco is another cheat app? How does it differ from Gecko?

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Accio get the .txt files containing the raw cheats, turns your selected cheats into .gct files (cheats stored in hex) and puts them into the right folder.
Then you launch Gecko OS with the game in, click Start Game or whatever, and there you go!

BTW, If you want Brawl cheats, just PM me, I have TONS of them, including hacked stages, music and CHARACTERS!

Prior22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any cheat app I could use for VC releases or roms for emulators like SNES9x GX? The easier to use the better
tongue.gif

ddetkowski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you need cheat manager, use it on your PC,with it, open the text file, click the cheats you want enabled, make sure your SD card is in your pc, choose save as gct, it'll automatically put em there onto your SD card in a folder called codes

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eGAHfC5P-Y