Hacking How can I load games I downloaded on my old 3ds

Pluritato

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
"It didn't work" is rarely a useful phrase. Can you be more specific?

If you have essential.exefs open in fuse-3DS, then you need to copy movable.bin to somewhere else on your hard drive. (And then rename it, if you like.)

Afterwards you will need to mount your old SD card (or preferably a backup of your old SD card) in fuse-3DS, while specifying the location of the movable.sed.
After this what do I do?

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Did you understand the tutorial? Did you try running fuse-3ds? Click the buttons and see what they do.

This is only a little bit complicated, but you don't have to worry about permanently messing anything up like you would on the 3DS.

Pluritato

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Did you understand the tutorial? Did you try running fuse-3ds? Click the buttons and see what they do.

This is only a little bit complicated, but you don't have to worry about permanently messing anything up like you would on the 3DS.
Yeah but what I don't understand is, why do I need to do this? And what exactly I'm doing?

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah but what I don't understand is, why do I need to do this?
You want to use the save data that was stored on your old 3DS. This save data is encrypted, and the encryption key is stored in movable.sed. To decrypt the data, you need to mount your SD card backup in fuse-3DS, and then copy the save data files to somewhere else on your hard drive.

After that, you need to unpack the decrypted data using 3ds-save-tool , and that will give you files that you can use on your new 3DS with Checkpoint or JKSM.

I should add that In order to find the save data for a game in your SD card backup, you'll need the title ID number from https://hax0kartik.github.io/3dsdb/ .

Pluritato

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You want to use the save data that was stored on your old 3DS. This save data is encrypted, and the encryption key is stored in movable.sed. To decrypt the data, you need to mount your SD card backup in fuse-3DS, and then copy the save data files to somewhere else on your hard drive.

After that, you need to unpack the decrypted data using 3ds-save-tool , and that will give you files that you can use on your new 3DS with Checkpoint or JKSM.

I should add that In order to find the save data for a game in your SD card backup, you'll need the title ID number from https://hax0kartik.github.io/3dsdb/ .
So I have to do this manually for every game and download the CIA again for each one?

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I have to do this manually for every game and download the CIA again for each one?
Pretty much, yes.

You might be able to avoid it if you can successfully inject your old movable.sed into the NAND of the new 3DS, but personally I think that's more likely to mess things up badly, if you can do it at all.

Reactions: SCOTT0852
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can GM9 dump your titles back into CIA. @Pluritato, you have a lot to cover: movable.sed, 0x10 bytes keyY and <ID0> (in case you did Format System Memory), tickets, and the importance of order of reinstalling a game versus overwriting/deleting the save data.

Read all of these:

Pluritato

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can GM9 dump your titles back into CIA. @Pluritato, you have a lot to cover: movable.sed, 0x10 bytes keyY and <ID0> (in case you did Format System Memory), tickets, and the importance of order of reinstalling a game versus overwriting/deleting the save data.

Read all of these:
Ok that was a lot to take in and I don't know if I can do this

Pluritato

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Read all of these:
Is there a video tutorial or something like that? Is really hard for me to understand everything on those posts it's too complicated and English is not my first language

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a video tutorial or something like that? Is really hard for me to understand everything on those posts it's too complicated and English is not my first language
Video guides are not recommended because they're often outdated, missing details, might not explain things adequately, and are sometimes outright wrong. Also, there are no video tutorials of this kind of 3DS data recovery because this is a complicated subject with many different components. Those who run into these problems may follow similiar procedures but can end up having one or several different steps where these can make the difference between success and failure.

Your problem can be approached from several angles:
  1. fuse-3ds with movable.sed to mount the Nintendo 3DS folder and extract + decrypt the 00000001.sav files. Requires downloading replacement CIAs.
  2. Temporarily use your previous 3DS NAND image on your replacement system to dump the CIAs and back up the saves.
  3. Temporarily inject only the movable.sed and restore the tickets, so you can dump the CIAs and back up the saves.
  • You do not want to use a foreign movable.sed (and other personal files) on a permanent basis if it wasn't involved in an officially Nintendo sanctioned System Transfer.
  • There are a bunch of other precautions and warnings. Doing any one thing wrong can corrupt or fail to recover the data, like reinstalling a game will overwrite and delete your previous save data.
  • Making backups of your SysNAND and SD card files setup would be super useful from making permanent boo-boos.
I would help you out 1-on-1, but I'm mentally burnt at this moment. The others here will have to fill you in. For the time being, you should leave your 3DS alone and read/research enough to know what you'll need to do.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

Pluritato

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Video guides are not recommended because they're often outdated, missing details, might not explain things adequately, and are sometimes outright wrong. Also, there are no video tutorials of this kind of 3DS data recovery because this is a complicated subject with many different components. Those who run into these problems may follow similiar procedures but can end up having one or several different steps where these can make the difference between success and failure.

Your problem can be approached from several angles:
  1. fuse-3ds with movable.sed to mount the Nintendo 3DS folder and extract + decrypt the 00000001.sav files. Requires downloading replacement CIAs.
  2. Temporarily use your previous 3DS NAND image on your replacement system to dump the CIAs and back up the saves.
  3. Temporarily inject only the movable.sed and restore the tickets, so you can dump the CIAs and back up the saves.
  • You do not want to use a foreign movable.sed (and other personal files) on a permanent basis if it wasn't involved in an officially Nintendo sanctioned System Transfer.
  • There are a bunch of other precautions and warnings. Doing any one thing wrong can corrupt or fail to recover the data, like reinstalling a game will overwrite and delete your previous save data.
  • Making backups of your SysNAND and SD card files setup would be super useful from making permanent boo-boos.
I would help you out 1-on-1, but I'm mentally burnt at this moment. The others here will have to fill you in. For the time being, you should leave your 3DS alone and read/research enough to know what you'll need to do.
Ok, thank you so much for your help I'll wait and try with an emunand that should work for the time being

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr