How Can I Install Paid For DLC when on 5.3.2 still ?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Xplic1T, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Xplic1T
    OP

Xplic1T GBAtemp Regular

May 26, 2006
    My Wii U came with Mario Kart 8 + both dlc packs. The game is pre-installed but the DLC needs to get downloaded off the store and requires an update. I want to keep on 5.3.2 and dont particularly want to use TubeHax ... I'm scared of it getting updated.

Can I pull and install these down without going online ? Also want to get Netflix.

2. Enaske

Enaske GBAtemp Regular

May 25, 2015
    I think you need Spoof + Eshop Temp. fix

3. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    You will have to use some form of update blocking or you might as well just go ahead and update it will happen eventually anyway

Also you don't want to go online and want to install Netflix :wacko:

Last edited by gamesquest1, Nov 22, 2015
  4. Xplic1T
    OP

Xplic1T GBAtemp Regular

May 26, 2006
    Lol what do you mean it will eventually happen anyway ?

Its not that i dont have an issue getting online, its just im worried that an update blocker / spoofer which doesn't seem to be stealth patched would flag my console and I'd get banned down the line.

Also, I can box all traffic to the Wii U other than netflix ;)

5. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    Read his statement again. He's saying that if you don't block updates, it'll happen sooner or later that you or anyone near you will update the thing. The messages pop up way too often to avoid it. That's why.

Nintendo doesn't particularly have a strong reputation of banning people for using pirated games (rather the opposite, going by the wii's history), but that's no guarantee for the future. But fine: if you don't want to make a setting in your wiiu, then you can just configure in your router to block the sites that the wiiu connects to to check for update settings (check the ultimate hacking guide in the stickies). That way, there's no way nintendo can directly prove that you did something they didn't want.

6. BullyWiiPlaza

BullyWiiPlaza Nintendo Hacking <3

Aug 2, 2014
    Germany
    Any updates on installing DLC via homebrew means? :P

Last edited by BullyWiiPlaza, Feb 17, 2016
  7. Kakkoii

Kakkoii Old fart

Sep 14, 2007
    Canada
    All you have to do is install the 5.5.1 spoof using WUPinstaller, then run NNU so you can access the eshop and download your DLC. It's not difficult. Tubehax works fine, stop being paranoid you guys. We already know there are multiple exploits ready for 5.5.1 even if you do accidentally update. But it's pretty damn hard to accidentally update if you're spoofed to latest firmware.

8. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    You can download DLC for your digital games and disc games through eshop by first spoofing to 5.5.1 with WUP Installer. Then run NNU which was mentioned above. This will give you access to the eshop via your Nintendo ID temporarily until you reboot. This will not give you DLC for your loadiine games tho.

9. BullyWiiPlaza

BullyWiiPlaza Nintendo Hacking <3

Aug 2, 2014
    Germany
    No, without buying it :shy:

10. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    Sorry forgot to mention. Yes I bought it

11. charlieb

charlieb Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 15, 2016
    Can you buy games too?. I suspect eshop access means exactly that, and I want to buy some games from the eshop on my 5.4.0 console. SO spoof to 5.5.1 and then use nnu? (also need to make an ID on nintendo's estore too?)

12. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    Yes, yes and yes.

You can buy games.
    You need to spoof using WUP Installer
    You need a valid Nintendo ID. You can go to the miiverse website on your computer and set it all up.

charlieb likes this.