How/Can I install Hackintosh on my Laptop?

Discussion in 'Computer Software and Operating Systems' started by RyDog, Dec 1, 2015.

1. RyDog
    OP

RyDog Lazy Animal Crossing hacker

Apr 26, 2015
    United States
    My laptop is a Acer TravelMate B115 and I've tried tutorials from YouTube but I couldn't even boot up the installer correctly. It has Intel x64 processor so would it be possible to install it? If so could you point me to a tutorial?

2. Jacklack3

Jacklack3 ( ゚ヮ゚) buddie was here

Oct 6, 2015
    Canada
    In your basement Dick Size: 5 meters.
  3. TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    You have to have a VERY specific motherboard/processor setup if you're using a laptop. OS X doesn't play nicely with non-native parts and it's usually very difficult to get a hackintosh working unless you build a desktop specifically. However, if you want to take a crack at it, start here. TonyMacx86 is an absolutely invaluable resource if you're going to join the Hackintosh community

Also you'll need this guide to install it. I'd start with Mountain Lion and then if that works try installing El Capitan: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...untain-lion-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

Last edited by TotalInsanity4, Dec 1, 2015
  4. emmanu888

emmanu888 6 years and still going strong

Jan 25, 2009
    Canada
    Victoriaville,Québec
    Using a laptop to go Hackintosh is really tricky, like TotalInsanity4 said you would be better off building a PC with the required parts to build a Hackintosh

TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  5. Citra

Citra Member

Newcomer
    Nov 29, 2015
    Malmo
    Not even worth the try. If you want to start a Hackintosh Rig so badly refer to http://www.tonymacx86.com/
    That site has the best and most recent tutorials, so for a Hackintosh I recommend at least an i5. Oh, and you
    probably also need a friend with a Mac to create an ISO image from the official Mavericks ROM that you can
    get directly from Apple which free like Windows 10. The only difference is that Windows 10 sucks.

TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  6. TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    Or he could use a Niresh distro if he's desperate