Hardware how can i improve my emunand boot rate rei 10.5 - sysnand 9.2

scott0mite

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi guys my boot rate is horrid it will tend to freeze allot at the yellow screen when trying to get to the area where i select home brew or emunand would appreciate if some one knew how to improve the boot rate its killing me my sysnand is at 9.2 and my emunand is rei 10.5

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
My question is, why can't the bootrate of a coldboot CFW ever be 100%? Is it just shitty coding on the CFW part, or does the 3DS boot things in a sporatic manor? Help me understand why this is even a thing... :/

Pippin666

SSF43DE Master
Trophies
Website
www.tetesrasees.com
XP
Country
Canada
My question is, why can't the bootrate of a coldboot CFW ever be 100%? Is it just shitty coding on the CFW part, or does the 3DS boot things in a sporatic manor? Help me understand why this is even a thing... :/
I have the feeling that when it hangs on a colored bottom screen, the problem comes from the hax, not the cfw.

Pip'

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

Race attacks. They can and will fail from time to time. When menuhax runs, it's competing with the Home Menu, and if it loses, the 3DS crashes. Same with Brahma (which is what CFWs use to load on non-A9LH environments), except it's competing with something different.

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Race attacks. They can and will fail from time to time. When menuhax runs, it's competing with the Home Menu, and if it loses, the 3DS crashes. Same with Brahma (which is what CFWs use to load on non-A9LH environments), except it's competing with something different.
Home Menu: What? Hax are trying to run?! Preposterous!
Hax: Pfft, try and catch me.
Home Menu: You're too slow!
*3DS freezes*

A9LH: *yawns* There's no one else here.. Oh well, gotta let that payload boot.

I get bored at school, ok?

Ifury

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

scott0mite

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you don't want to risk it and brick your 3ds, you can always give this guide a try: https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-how-to-improve-menuhax-boot-rate-to-nearly-100.410764/ I use this guide and I get around 100% boot rate with reinand on my N3ds, there is always a risk of making your 3ds a brick doing A9LH and I wouldn't recommend it except if you have a hardmod on it, especially if you have a N3ds. I hope this helps GL.

hey man should i do that in emunand or while im in sysnand? i tired it in emunand and try to install themehax and it fails to install..... a9lh sounds like a couple hours work seeing some of the tutorials

Does any one know a good tutorial for a9lh

I'm pretty noob with this 3ds stuff so I'm not sure what this boot cfg is but it sounds interesting is that something i should install?

Last edited by scott0mite,

Ifury

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You will do all the steps above in the guide on sysnand, don't do it on emunand, you should never install menuhax or theme hax on emunand it will cause a lot of boot issues. If you have any other question don't hesitate to ask.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

hey man should i do that in emunand or while im in sysnand? i tired it in emunand and try to install themehax and it fails to install..... a9lh sounds like a couple hours work seeing some of the tutorials

Does any one know a good tutorial for a9lh
If you ever need the boot.cfg setup I can give it to you, I have mine to autoboot in reinand and it works great.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."