How Can I Have a theme with rxtools and still be able to coldboot into it?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by SilverGhost420, Jan 7, 2016.

1. SilverGhost420
    OP

SilverGhost420 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 31, 2015
    Canada
    I can't seem to get how I can have a theme and still coldboot into rxtools when I use Menuhax to install a theme and the manuhax it only installs to the system and not to rxtools..

2. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Install a CIA containing the theme(s) you want on emuNAND, or launch hblauncher_loader from emuNAND and use CHMM to install themes.

3. fate6

fate6 Haha, I killed a Pumpkin!

Aug 2, 2014
    United States
    [fate6@Canterlot ~]$
    make a cia of the theme then install it while in emuNAND, You can change the theme all you want in emuNAND without messing with the cold boot since that is all on sysNAND.

EDIT: Darn crafty ninjas!

4. jaksy

jaksy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 10, 2014
    United States
    I believe this is only true if nands are unlinked, but I may be wrong.

Seita likes this.
  5. fate6

fate6 Haha, I killed a Pumpkin!

Aug 2, 2014
    United States
    [fate6@Canterlot ~]$
    Actually yea that sounds right since if they are linked they use the same theme extdata or whatever.

6. SilverGhost420
    OP

Aug 31, 2015
    Canada
    It is unlinked

7. jaksy

jaksy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 10, 2014
    United States
    Then that's why and how you can have a theme on emunand while utilizing theme/homemenuhax on sysnand.

Last edited by jaksy, Jan 7, 2016
  8. SilverGhost420
    OP

Aug 31, 2015
    Canada
    OK I still haven't done it yet. I'm confused do I need a Cia of chmm2 or a Cia of the Actual Theme it self?

Last edited by SilverGhost420, Jan 8, 2016
  9. Insidious611

Insidious611 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 23, 2010
    United States
    I used CHMM2 through the Homebrew Launcher CIA while on my emunand (which is unlinked and updated to 10.3). This worked perfectly fine. The menuhax theme manager isn't relevant anymore when you're running with an emunand, and in fact you run the danger of installing menuhax on both the sysnand and emunand and going into a bootloop.

There's a thread around here somewhere posted recently about how to convert a theme into a CIA in and of itself, but I haven't bothered with that because as I said CHMM2 works fine for me when run from the homebrew launcher CIA in emunand.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/release...loader-for-cfw-users-cia-hbl-launcher.404151/

I'd suggest doing this rather than installing CHMM2 itself as a CIA, I had issues with it giving me errors when I tried to do that.

If you don't want to bother with all that, here's the thread about turning the theme itself into a CIA, which you can install and then load from the home menu as though it were an official theme from nintendo.

http://gbatemp.net/threads/release-...kages-with-custom-and-official-themes.401081/

Note that I haven't at all tried this method myself, but it seems safe enough.

Last edited by Insidious611, Jan 8, 2016
  10. Urbanshadow

Urbanshadow GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 16, 2015