how can I get streetpasses on 3ds?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by TyDye, Aug 19, 2018.

1. TyDye
    OP

TyDye Linux and 3DS geek

Apr 22, 2016
    United States
    Milky Way Galaxy
    is there a homebrew to get alot of them?

2. ThoD

ThoD GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"

Sep 8, 2017
    Greece
    Not exactly homebrew, but you can make it so online counts as StreetPass using HomePass to get hits from anyone else using this and it's also great for playing games with only local multiplayer if you have no one to play with (eg: MH3U), so I'll refer you to this: https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-have-a-homemade-streetpass-relay.352645/ Very simple, but will require some work and an unused wireless network adaptor (eg: you have 1 connected and get your connection through cable or you have 2 and you have 1 of the two for internet while the other one isn't doing anything).

3. Dracari

Dracari GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Apr 5, 2009
    United States
    actually that hasnt been an option since late March, Nintendy Shutdown the central server that ran StreetPass Relays

Hayato213 likes this.
  4. ThoD

ThoD GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"

Sep 8, 2017
    Greece
    Sorry, missed that, but I thought there were also private MAC addresses to set it to so it connects to fan-made ones, or that also required the main servers to be up? I haven't used HomePass in 4 years or so I think so don't really remember much, just that it was an available option for it. Scratch my last post then, don't know how to go about it nowadays.

5. Dracari

Dracari GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Apr 5, 2009
    United States
    while we could use private MAC's it still relied on the Master Server,

ThoD likes this.
  6. Vulpes-Vulpeos

Vulpes-Vulpeos Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 1, 2018
    Ukraine
    Украина
    I posted idea/suggestion for it in Homebrew idea thread:
    Hope someone will make it.

7. k3rizz3k

k3rizz3k GBAtemp Fan

Oct 16, 2008
    United States
    I can't even streetpass with my sons or daughters anymore since the shutdown. :(

8. Kwyjor

Kwyjor GBAtemp Fan

May 23, 2018
    Canada
    The ideal would probably be some sort of PC application that will make a 3DS think your wireless router is just another 3DS. But I doubt we should expect anything like that anytime soon.

Local StreetPass is unaffected by the server shutdown. I streetpass between my two 3DS units all the time, and I still pick up local ones on occasion.

9. Itzumi

Itzumi Needs More Aesthetics

Jun 27, 2018
    United States
    USA
    when connected to internet streetpass is off.