How Can I Get Rid of a Virus on my computer without Formatting?

MrDillDough

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Firstly, I'm just wondering, but how many of you people have some form of anti-virus program installed on your computer?

I'm not 100% sure in their usefulness, but then again, I have never actually tried. My friend told me though that the anti-virus that he put on his computer really wasted time and slowed down his computer with all the virus scans and all. So yeah, I don't know whether to put it on my computer or not.

Well, my computer now has a virus. I'm not sure how I got it or when. I think the virus goes by the name "troj/rustok-n". I am not even sure if its real because my Google search is really lagging. But I do think that I have been infected with a virus. Its really annoying but the only thing that I find wrong so far is Googling, as it lags so much for some reason. Even when I search up other things.

So I'm just wondering if installing an anti-virus would be beneficial or not. And if there is some way that I can get rid of the virus that is affecting my computer without actually formatting the hard drive or getting rid of some of my files. The reason that I don't want to format right now is because its not a convenient time and I've already done it a few times and I'm getting sick of re-installing programs again.
frown.gif

Any help or advice is appreciated.
grog.gif
Thanks.

a2h

Trophies
XP
Country
MrDillDough said:
So I'm just wondering if installing an anti-virus would be beneficial or not.
If the answer is no, your computer is too slow.

Look at software like avast, AVG and Avira. Or if your computer really is that slow, ClamWin.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs