Hacking How can I get onto the Japanese Wii shop channel with a US Wii?

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You would need to delete your current shop account
You would need to region change the wii to JAP
Possibly you would need to setup the wii to run through a proxy in the JAP region

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just playing devils advocate here, but can't hacked Wii's install any old Wads? I think the only issue comes from if its Pal or NTSC Europe is PAL and Japan and the US are on NTSC.

Not sure if this information is helpful in the slightest, but you never know.

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks.

For my next Question, Will American Points cards work on a Japanese Wii Shop Channel.

The only information I have found about being able to use points is that the points are region locked, so if you wanted to by a Japanese game you would also need to import a 1000 point or 2000 point card or what ever. Assuming you hacked your Wii to access the Japan Wii Shop Channel and buy some points from Japan after that I am pretty sure the wad would be on your machine and be just fine. At that point I would back it up just to be safe lol (after going through all that work anyway.)

wiisixtyfour

Trophies
Website
wiisixtyfour.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
As mauifrog said you need to delete your current account (you will lose all your current channels) and then change the region. Then you need to use a Japanese Wii Points card to add the points and buy whatever you want.
tl;dr
It's not worth it unless you want a permanent Japanese console.

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As mauifrog said you need to delete your current account (you will lose all your current channels) and then change the region. Then you need to use a Japanese Wii Points card to add the points and buy whatever you want.
tl;dr
It's not worth it unless you want a permanent Japanese console.

Myself I would probably just install the Wad from some unkown source... lol

I love your Avatar, Action Bastard ftw! I wish they had made more of that show in English :) too funny.

Edit: Something the OP might consider, if that person plays a LOT of Japanese games or wants too at any rate. I would think about buying a second Wii to do this hack on. That way you would not have to mess with any crap just hack it one time to change it over to a Japanese console and buy some cards and enjoy it that way :)

Not sure but you could probably pick up a broken drive Wii for like 20 bucks and use it sans drive? (I know some USB loaders hate broken drive Wii's but wads should work fine?)

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Don't you lose ALL re-download rights for EVERY American game that particular Wii console has EVER purchased?

It used to be you could just change the region and it would work (I still have on my SD card a legitimately bought Japanese region copy of Rondo of Blood!), but ever since they 'fixed' that loop hole, yes. To get shop region changing to work you need to wipe out your account and you'd lose all your stuff.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: New Ninja in chat