How can I get NSMBW to work?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by MizuhoChan, Jul 7, 2010.

1. MizuhoChan
    OP

MizuhoChan GBAtemp Regular

May 29, 2008
    I've got other backups to work, but this one just doesn't seem to work. I put it on a DVD+R like my other backups, but it wouldn't read, so I tried a DVD-RW, since it was a - and it did read the title in Neogamma and Gecko, but wouldn't boot. The disc channel gave me the "error, eject disc and shut down" screen.

Incidentally, I've got a Wiikey 1 on a launch Wii. I believe it's 1.99 now, since it said it updated.

I'd even take Neogamma or Gecko, if the disc channel is impossible, though I got SMG2 to run from the disc channel.

2. bugaveli

bugaveli Banned

Banned
    Dec 7, 2008
    United States
    In a remote place
    you can get it to work by using the search button. Its sooooo easy!

3. MizuhoChan
    OP

MizuhoChan GBAtemp Regular

May 29, 2008
    Good sarcasm, but I've already searched. This is how I found out that the 1.99 beta has NSMBW fixing properties, how DARKCORP is good for softmodders, thus I tried that, etc.

I can't even play the game though. So I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. So please add something useful or direct me to something that is.

4. bugaveli

bugaveli Banned

Banned
    Dec 7, 2008
    United States
    In a remote place
    no sarcasm intended, theres 500000 nsmb threads already, no need to explain it again

5. ocdetective

ocdetective GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 19, 2008
    Malaysia
    Oh and dont use DVD-RW and make sure if you must use DVD+R it is bitset correctly.

6. airline38

airline38 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 28, 2010
    Taiwan
    Try to use WiiGF (or other similar tools) to patch your ISO
    then burn another one (DVD-RW is fine) and make sure
    your have IOS53 .