How can I get my R4 to recognize my ROM again?

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by GUITARGOD, Apr 29, 2010.

Apr 29, 2010
  1. GUITARGOD
    OP

Newcomer GUITARGOD Newbie

United States
    Hi, I was changing the music in the world ends with you since I don't like a lot of the songs in the game. The ROM ended up being about a meg or two bigger than the original but now my R4 doesn't offer the option to cheat anymore how can I fix this? I made sure the game code and header was the same as before. Even though I had edited the header but I edited it back with dsbuff.

2. ChaosBoi

Member ChaosBoi Ushiromiya Battler

United States
    Use R4cce and change TWEWY's game code from there to match with your new header instead. Sometimes using dsbuff to change the modified header back to the original won't work (This has happened to me before in the past), so I had to use this method.

3. 727

Member 727 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Backup your .SAV files on your desktop then delete everything on your card. Get a diff version of firmware.

/thread

4. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    Fixed it for ya.....
    Updating the firmware won't solve this persons problem.

When you edit a game, there's a good chance that the header and the info around the header gets changed.
    When that info gets changed, it alters the GameID since it's a hash value of the first 200 hex bytes (512bytes) of the ROM.

If you're lucky, you can just alter the GameID in the cheat file, like ChaosBoi said, and it will work... but other times the changes made can throw off the addresses that the codes should be changing and the effects can range from minor differences to major differences to the code not working to the code crashing the game. There's no real way to tell other than to test the game.

5. GUITARGOD
    OP

Newcomer GUITARGOD Newbie

United States
    Thanks for the info. I solved it with R4CE