How can I get my g6 to keep its saves when off

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by StingX, Sep 15, 2006.

Sep 15, 2006
  1. StingX
    OP

Member StingX Hates Technology

United States
    after I turn it off it deletes them every time
    [a friend sent me some patched NDS roms, I still cant do it myself]

2. ds6220

Member ds6220 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    there is no trick to it. Other than Megaman (was a known issue, may have been fixed) all my saves are there and are fine. it should "just work" and if it is not it may be a dead battery, but I have heard rumor that it only affects the GBA side of things. You should be able to play a game, let's say Cooking Mama. turn off the system. turn it back on, play Cooking mama again and still have the save. if not, something is wrong.

3. MajinGohan

Member MajinGohan GBAtemp Fan

Germany

You can´t patch roms? Why? The U-Disk manager does that for you.
    It might be due to those pre-patched roms you´re using.

4. StingX
    OP

United States
    read my other topic, it doesnt run because g6flash lies about it running in win98se

5. ds6220

Member ds6220 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    well that seems pretty harsh considering nowhere in THIS post is it referenced that you are using 98se (trying to hold back laughter on that one). I am not sure if it is standard practice to read up on all of your previous threads and topics so that we all know the true you before responding. At any rate, this patching issue seems to be at the center of this problem .

6. StingX
    OP

United States
    well you should, i'm an awesome user [​IMG]

but seriously the answer is upgrading it is impossible.

7. tama_mog

Member tama_mog Kupo

United States
    maybe since you're an awesome user, it's time to make friends that actually has a computer not 10 years old.

8. kobewan

Member kobewan GBAtemp Regular

United States
    -You don't need only the patched ROM, you need the blank save file as well.

-Try going to the settings mode and checking if Auto Backup (or whatever it is called) is on.

-Also, try backing up manually. After power-on, but before starting a new game, highlight the rom that you just played and press Select, then pick the file to save it to.

9. Lazycus

Member Lazycus Rotten

United States
    Did you try the Win98 drivers at all? I understand you have 98SE but it couldn't hurt to at least try the drivers.

10. StingX
    OP

United States
    did try them

thx lakersfan will try

11. Sweater Fish Del

Member Sweater Fish Del GBAtemp Regular

United States
    To elaborate on what lakersfan said, the files you need should have the same filename as the ROM you're running, but instead of a .NDS extension, they should be .0 (the number zero). You can also have .1 and .2 if you want to keep more than one save file on hand, but that complicates things when you have to use drag and drop, so I don't use them, just the .0. You can also have a third file again with the same name, but with a .ICO extension and then you'll have more or less the full G6 interface. There's a topic a couple pages back on this forum called "The G6 icon situation (or what I'm doing about it)" or something like that where you can download icon files for most DS and GBA games as well as a program for making your own.

Good luck.

I've gotten quite expert at using my G6 without the U-Disk Manager and I like the product a lot even though they totally lied about the Win98 support.

...word is bondage...