Hacking How can I get my g6 to keep its saves when off

ds6220

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there is no trick to it. Other than Megaman (was a known issue, may have been fixed) all my saves are there and are fine. it should "just work" and if it is not it may be a dead battery, but I have heard rumor that it only affects the GBA side of things. You should be able to play a game, let's say Cooking Mama. turn off the system. turn it back on, play Cooking mama again and still have the save. if not, something is wrong.

ds6220

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
read my other topic, it doesnt run because g6flash lies about it running in win98se
well that seems pretty harsh considering nowhere in THIS post is it referenced that you are using 98se (trying to hold back laughter on that one). I am not sure if it is standard practice to read up on all of your previous threads and topics so that we all know the true you before responding. At any rate, this patching issue seems to be at the center of this problem .

StingX

Hates Technology
OP
Trophies
Website
www.360voice.com
XP
Country
United States
well you should, i'm an awesome user
wink.gif

but seriously the answer is upgrading it is impossible.

kobewan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
-You don't need only the patched ROM, you need the blank save file as well.

-Try going to the settings mode and checking if Auto Backup (or whatever it is called) is on.

-Also, try backing up manually. After power-on, but before starting a new game, highlight the rom that you just played and press Select, then pick the file to save it to.

Sweater Fish Del

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To elaborate on what lakersfan said, the files you need should have the same filename as the ROM you're running, but instead of a .NDS extension, they should be .0 (the number zero). You can also have .1 and .2 if you want to keep more than one save file on hand, but that complicates things when you have to use drag and drop, so I don't use them, just the .0. You can also have a third file again with the same name, but with a .ICO extension and then you'll have more or less the full G6 interface. There's a topic a couple pages back on this forum called "The G6 icon situation (or what I'm doing about it)" or something like that where you can download icon files for most DS and GBA games as well as a program for making your own.

Good luck.

I've gotten quite expert at using my G6 without the U-Disk Manager and I like the product a lot even though they totally lied about the Win98 support.

...word is bondage...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users