How can I get gamecube action replay to work on wii?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by RemixDeluxe, Jun 1, 2011.

1. RemixDeluxe
    OP

Member RemixDeluxe GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    I heard you need to install a cMIOS for it to work. Im using WiiGator's cMIOS v0.2 but I dont know how to correctly install it. Which IOS do I load from (if I do use one) and do I choose to patch for homebrew or not?

2. chrisrlink

Member chrisrlink Rouge Temper

United States
    ok obiously you have heard of the AR loader well patch mios v4 (it works with it the best look on filetrip for a mios patcher remember V4 best bet is through eurasia.nu is where i ffound it (idk if there are warez on that site i saw none if so delete my post) or look on youtube for the files and a tut oh crap i forgot one file is waz sorry you can delete this mods i forgot that one compnet is warez

3. RemixDeluxe
    OP

United States
    So there is a version 4? I went to filetrip and found a rev 5 of cMIOS Installer. What is the correct one to use, I just want to be able to use my action replay.

4. RemixDeluxe
    OP

United States
    Does anyone know?

5. RemixDeluxe
    OP

United States
    can anyone help?

6. jonthedit

Member jonthedit GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Bermuda
    You don't have to change any IOS... It should automatically work... Set it to what the Hacking Guide recommends.

------------------------------------------------------
    Since no one is being nice, I'll help you out.

Alright, first of all, I need to know what version you're trying to load. (1.14B- or 2.00+)
    I'm guessing you want to make 1.14b or lower work since those versions can actually add codes, unlike the new crap Action Replays...
    Anyway here are some instructions.
    --------
    1.14B or LOWER Method
    First, Install RVL-mios-v5, once that's completed get the app ARBooter114. (Note : This app requires ar114.dol) After installing RVL-mios, reboot your Wii. Goto the homebrew channel and INSERT the GameCube game BEFORE launching the ARBOOTER. After your game is in, launch the ARBOOTER. A black screen with some text should pop up, then should switch to Action Replay 1.14b. ENJOY!
    Notice : This method ASSUMES you know how to add AR 1.14 USA/EUR/JAP.gci to your slot B memory card.

If you need the links, PM me. I'll make a full guide soon anyway, with a memory card tutorial.

7. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    I recommend to install the cMIOS from here:
    http://gbatemp.net/t219243-neogamma-r9-beta-test
    (yes the one based on MIOSv10, it has a patch to allow Action Replay, so it does not have to be v4)

The method from jonthedit will only work with retail discs or if you have modchip and 1:1 backups. If you want Action Replay on backups with a softmodded Wii, then you need the latest NeoGamma beta and use the actual game disc as "2nd" disc.

Anyways, to answer your question:
    If you have IOS236, select that in the cMIOS installer. If you don't have IOS236, get it.

I guess i know why you need to insert the disc before you start the game. You can't switch discs once it is booted, right? If that's the case, you can try the Wii Swiss Booter to boot Action Replay, it should allow you to switch discs.

Also do games with audio streaming work with this method? If not, and you get "an error occured", i think i can update the Wii Swiss Booter to fix that, but then you would need to have the disc in the drive again. Well only for audio streaming games, and disc changes should work.

8. jonthedit

Member jonthedit GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Bermuda
    @WiiPower

Yes, exactly. My method does NOT work with backups. I have the new chipset drive anyway, so I won't be able to use DVDs. Most people have the new chipset, so that's what I assumed.

9. RemixDeluxe
    OP

United States
    I got my AR to work on my Wii. Sorry for responding late and thank you for the help.