Gaming How can I get a nintendo switch 1.0.0 in Japan?

MeAndHax

Impolite person with some modding knowledge.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You simply can’t because all the new systems that are being produced are delivered with the newest firmware

You can eventually search online for a 1.0.0 firmware switch, but they will Most likely be really expensive because of scalpers.

Last edited by MeAndHax,

g4jek8j54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You could try searching sites like Ebay or Craigslist (I don't know what the Japan equivalent to this would be) for used Switches. I highly doubt it, but perhaps you get VERY lucky, and find someone selling one that is on 1.0.0. The chances of that are very slim though.

I doubt that you would find a 1.0.0 Switch in any stores at this point.

I'd look for Switches on 2.0.0 to 3.0.0, to be honest. You would have a much better chance of finding one on those firmwares.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You simply can’t because all the new systems that are being produced are delivered with the newest firmware

You can eventually search online for a 1.0.0 firmware switch, but they will Most likely be really expensive because of scalpers.

Ah yes, scalpers, the people who like being greedy inconsiderate jerks.

Reactions: ThisIsDaAccount

SnAQ

Trophies
XP
Country
I'd just walk into a store and start opening and turning all systems on to check for myself.

Sent from my F8331 via Tapatalk

Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
Impossible to buy one brand new from any retailer. Your only chance is to find someone selling it online, and chances are, if they're aware that it's a "valuable" 1.0.0 system, they'll be selling it for a veeeery high price. More realistically, you could find a 3.0.0 or under system being sold online somewhere, or even in some stores. Sticking with 3.0.0 might at least get you homebrew in another year or two, if you're into that.

Rauliki

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I live in Japan. I want a nintendo switch 1.0.0 to use CFW some time.
How can I get a nintendo switch 1.0.0 in Japan?
f you are in Japan there are plenty of shops with used games/consoles. I would try those hops. When we imported stuff from Japan was suprised how many stuff w in mint condition and never updated. People played one game and then sold console. Good luck

_______

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
f you are in Japan there are plenty of shops with used games/consoles. I would try those hops. When we imported stuff from Japan was suprised how many stuff w in mint condition and never updated. People played one game and then sold console. Good luck

I doubt he can because it used to be really hard to get one when it's released (been there, done that), most people buy the console to play, and since it's not hard to get one anymore, there's won't be many of scalpers, if there's any. My 2nd Switch was bought in early Oct and it's 3.0.0 already.

Dont_know_who

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Search for zenmarket, and read it.
That is a proxy site for you to buy, your stuff from japan without the "limitations" of only available to Japanese citizens.
Hope it helps.

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
I managed to get two more switches on 1.0 by mass messaging people on ebay for the sn. I spent about an hour total, one cost $305 shipped and the other is $350 shipped.

_______

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I managed to get two more switches on 1.0 by mass messaging people on ebay for the sn. I spent about an hour total, one cost $305 shipped and the other is $350 shipped.

He's in Japan, shipping from the US to Japan could cost more than a Switch on eBay (part of the reason why not many use eBay in the east), and it would be a problem if the good was damaged or any other kind of dispute and have to handle them overseas, there're way too many scammers on eBay.

Ronhero

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
He's in Japan, shipping from the US to Japan could cost more than a Switch on eBay (part of the reason why not many use eBay in the east), and it would be a problem if the good was damaged or any other kind of dispute and have to handle them overseas, there're way too many scammers on eBay.

There is a ebay Japan

https://www.ebay.co.jp

Hmmm i just looked at my own link and guess there is no ebay Japan. Maybe they would have better luck on Amazon Japan with non prime items

Last edited by Ronhero, , Reason: I'm dumb and should feel bad

_______

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
There is a ebay Japan

https://www.ebay.co.jp

Hmmm i just looked at my own link and guess there is no ebay Japan. Maybe they would have better luck on Amazon Japan with non prime items

Actually those Amazon/Yahoo sellers are mainly retail stores too, it'd be cheaper to shop directly (and get tax refund if he's a foreigner). But if he couldn't find it in the stores, I doubt it will be found online. As I said before, it's difficult, at least in Japan, but it won't hurt trying tho. :) It's already difficult to get a 3.0.0 or lower these day in Japan.

Ronhero

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Actually those Amazon/Yahoo sellers are mainly retail stores too, it'd be cheaper to shop directly (and get tax refund if he's a foreigner). But if he couldn't find it in the stores, I doubt it will be found online. As I said before, it's difficult, at least in Japan, but it won't hurt trying tho. :) It's already difficult to get a 3.0.0 or lower these day in Japan.

Yeah its easy to find 3.0 or lower in low income areas and they have a ton on places like ebay. I know in Japan Nintendo consoles sell much faster so i can understand them having a higher firmware faster

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: