Hacking How can I find the correct firmware for this R4 card?

Jekse

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know these kind of questions have probably been done to death here, but I'm having trouble finding the correct firmware for my R4 Card; when I download one from r4i-sdhc and paste it's files on my R4, it simply does not read. Years ago I remember with another card that I would get a menu? error, but my DSi simply does not read this card, it's completely blank, like there is no card inserted.
I've attached a picture of the card I'm using below, help would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

• R4.jpg
    R4.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 559

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't think standard r4 cards work on dsi... Has to be a r4i/r43ds card.... Vaguely remember that but could be wrong!

Do you have a ds lite to test the card in to see it's not broken?

Jekse

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it isn't one of the fake clones, a copy of the system files you need are available there. Otherwise you will need to visit the online store you got it from to find out if they provide a link to the system files you need.
I got it from a friend who never used it.

I don't think standard r4 cards work on dsi... Has to be a r4i/r43ds card.... Vaguely remember that but could be wrong!

Do you have a ds lite to test the card in to see it's not broken
I have a DSi but when I put the card in it's like nothing's there, not even a ''Menu?'' error

Sorry for the late responses I had been hospitalized

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As i said, I'm sure you would need an R4i or R43ds card to use in a dsi. I would test the card in an old ds/ds lite (somehow!) to see if any fw works but looking at the pic, it could be a clone, or a clone of a clone even... and a bit of a nightmare as only the exact website it was purchased from would have the required kernel.

I haven't used or updated one of these since 2009 but i do remember even something regarding updating some cards fw on a ds lite before it can be used on dsi or 3ds.....noting ofcourse that it would only boot ds games.... Not dsi ware or 3ds roms.

But again, it's been quite some time since I dabbled with these but do remember the nightmare of trying to find correct fw for clones and the fact most of them had time bombs included.... ie, a use by date if you will where they would just die anyway!

Maybe best to try get another card from a reputable seller if any still exist! Save you a lot of stressful hours.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple