How can I find a Super Mario 64 DS Version 1 cart?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Arnold Schwarzen, Oct 20, 2007.

1. Arnold Schwarzen
    OP

Member Arnold Schwarzen GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Recently my original SM64DS cart got lost and I'll probably replace it once I get enough cash. Is there any way to easily tell if it's a version 1 or 2 by checking the box or cart itself? I read somewhere that you could tell which version it is by looking at the letters on the back of the cart without having to perform the box glitch in the desert level. Does anyone know what letters are on the v1 and v2 carts? Any other methods that can be used will be greatly appreciated.

2. Ducky

Member Ducky QUACKJECTION!

Israel
    Don't think there is.. any V1 or V2

3. Arnold Schwarzen
    OP

United States
    Well the U.S. versions are more commonly reffered to as v1 or v2 or officially v1 (original release) and v1.1 (revised version). The original cart contains more bugs and glitches and you'll probably be wondering why I'd even want that one. That's the one I used to have and I wanna make sure I get the same one if I buy this game again. I guess my only chance of obtaining one is to play test a used copy at a game store, which is what I'll probably do. I know, I'm such a nerd.

4. coolbho3000

Member coolbho3000 GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic

My launch day copy bears ASMENOJ20 on the back. Hope this helps.

5. Arnold Schwarzen
    OP

United States
    Thanks man, that should help me alot. Anyone have dofferent letters and numbers on their US copy (heard that both versions have a slight difference)?

EDIT: Nevermind, seem to found the other letters by searching for the one you provided. Thanks again coolbho3000! For anyone else that's interested v2 is either ASMEN1J12 or ASMEN1J22. Looks like I've got all the info I need on this.

6. Nero

Member Nero GBAtemp RPG Maniac

United States
    [​IMG] I thought for sure there was only a v1 and a v1.1

Meh, whatever.

~Nero

P.S: Nice name. [​IMG]