How can I fill in damaged screws?

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I apologise if this really isn't the right place to post this.
My Wii classic controller came with a messed up analogue stick right out of the box, so I'm currently trying the method where you put superglue at the tip of the screwdriver, stick it in the screw and wait for it to dry.

Doesn't look like it's gonna work though.. Any other ideas?

AlanJohn

くたばれ
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.deenextreme.com
XP
Country
Ukraine
I had this problem with my DSi once, which is now dead (for completely different reasons).
There are lots of methods for this, but what I did was that I took a thin rubber band and put it right in between the screw and the screwdriver.

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
2ywsm52.jpg

As you can see, unfortunately Nintendo has decided to make all the screws deep, as usual.
The one circled in green is the only one that didn't come damaged, and I've managed to remove it.
The other three are all stripped/damaged.

The super glue trick didn't work. I gave it many attempts. I got all the super glue off later with WD 40.
I tried the blue tack as astrangeone suggested, unfortunately it appears to be too soft, making it pointless. It just comes off if I spin the screw driver.

I don't have any thin rubber bands to try Alan John's suggestion, but I'll try getting my hands on some balloons, which should be equally useful.

Any other ideas? Thanks guys.

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The "professional" way would be to use a good drilling machine make a "small" hole into the screws and than use a tool with a left twist ... forgot the name ... thats to cut into the hole and turn them out ...

these
509---1.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.