1. Trash_Bandatcoot

OP Trash_Bandatcoot Your Local Random Internet Geek

Netherlands
    Title says it all, the Super Mario Bros Promo that came bundled with a Super Mario-styled Wii is Wii-only and I want it to be extracted so it can play on an emulator.
    Can I extract the rom from a WAD in the first place?

2. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

Could you please give a bit more info about the game you want to extract?

3. Trash_Bandatcoot

Netherlands
    Sure! It's called the "Super Mario Bros. 25th Anniversary limited edition" console. On some consoles, you got "Donkey Kong Classic", which was just Donkey Kong, but with the 2nd arcade stage added. However, some bundles got the "Super Mario Bros. 25th Anniversary" version, which was just Super Mario Bros, but the question mark blocks now have "25".
    I can easily recreate this myself, but I just want to extract the rom in the WAD.

4. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

Could this be the one you are saying: 25th Anniversary Super Mario Bros. (Europe) (Promo, Virtual Console) ?

5. Trash_Bandatcoot

Netherlands
    Yes, indeed.
    I wonder how I can extract the rom.

6. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    Someone already did it for you ;)

7. Trash_Bandatcoot

Netherlands
    ...oh
    (immeaditly runs to rom site)

8. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

I read the European version runs at 50hz though, if that is a problem for you, I have a JP version backup.

9. SaulFabre
    This message by SaulFabre has been removed from public view by VinsCool, Apr 26, 2020, Reason: Do not ask for warez, even via PM.
    Apr 26, 2020
  10. SaulFabre

SaulFabre Wii scene/hacking & Wii VC well-known guy

Ecuador
    ANSWER TAKEN FROM THIS THREAD: https://gbatemp.net/threads/any-way-to-decrypt-wii-virtual-console-roms-for-use-in-retroarch.579958/

Since the VC games are dumped in WADs, you must extract the content of the WADs in order for get its original ROMs fro the WAD, using a WAD unpacker, such as wwPacker.

Here's the location of the ROMs located in WADs as shown:
    • NES Wii VC WADs: the ROM is in 00000001.app (but you need to extract the rom from here using the NES ROM Extractor tool by @DarkMatterCore: https://mega.co.nz/#!YIYWAShT!nwElJwqBt5iaq_uSrSR62mHrVVbbbwlBvHeBdm9GiE0
    • SNES Wii VC WADs: the ROM is in 00000005.app, extract the 5.app using an U8 tool (i use @HowardC's U8 Tool) and the file with extension *.rom is the rom file
    • N64 Wii VC WADs: the ROM is in 00000005.app, extract the 5.app using an U8 tool (i use @HowardC's U8 Tool) and the file called "rom" is the rom file
    • SEGA Master System Wii VC WADs: the ROM is in 00000005.app, extract the 5.app using an U8 tool (i use @HowardC's U8 Tool), then extract the data.ccf using @HowardC's CCF tool and the file with extension *.sms.zlib is the rom file, rename it to just [rom_file_name].sms (without adding the .zlib extension) and you get the rom
    • SEGA Genesis / SEGA Mega Drive Wii VC WADs: the ROM is in 00000005.app, extract the 5.app using an U8 tool (i use @HowardC's U8 Tool), then extract the data.ccf using @HowardC's CCF tool and the file with extension *.sgd.zlib is the rom file, rename it to just [rom_file_name].bin or [rom_file_name].smd (without adding the .zlib extension) and you get the rom
    • TurboGrafx-16 / PC Engine HuCARD Wii VC WADs: the ROM is in 00000005.app, extract the 5.app using an U8 tool (i use @HowardC's U8 Tool) and the file with extension *.PCE is the rom file
    Hope this help :)

@SaulFabre

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - extract, Virtual, Console