Hacking How can i enter rcm without putting something? (jig or etc)

nantalos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
How can i enter rcm without putting something?
The first time you need a jig and then you could install autorcm. Just read up on it so you don't run into problems.

What about launching pegaswitch and booting hekate? O:
No idea about pegaswitch. But hekate can only be booted if the console is in rcm.

Vadographer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OP, just look up a tutorial about booting into CFW on your switch, they are everywhere, you will have to put a jig into your switch's joycon rail to boot cFW for the first time, and you can enable AutoRCM so you never have to do that again. although it really isn't a huge deal to use a jig, it won't damage your joycon rail or anything, as long as youre careful and aren't stupid.

Reactions: TheKiwixx

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've modded a bunch of switches. I use foil for the first time. Backup nand and boot0 and boot1 and then enable autoRCM. No jig needed.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The first time you need a jig and then you could install autorcm. Just read up on it so you don't run into problems.

No idea about pegaswitch. But hekate can only be booted if the console is in rcm.
False. Systems with firmware up to 4.1.0 can use caffeine which allows you to boot a payload from OFW.

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OP if you care about whether you get banned at all I highly recommend doing some research before proceeding.

If you have an unpatched console, the easiest thing for you to do is use a jig. You can update SysNAND to the latest version and play legit games online with it, and you can use EmuNAND for all of your CFW / Homebrew needs. Sure, you could use AutoRCM to avoid using a jig, but theoretically Nintendo could detect it, although that may not happen until they release another system update.

If you use a jig and keep all your modding stuff on EmuNAND, and keep EmuNAND offline, you are completely safe from being banned. Anything else is risky at best.

Of course, if you don't care about being banned, completely ignore this and carry on.

Patrykek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You can use a piece of tinfoil to block out the pins 9 and 10 and put the joycon inside the rail and try to launch RCM.

RandomTake

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I personally used a bit of wire to RCM my switch the 1st time. Worked on 1st attempt too and pretty easy to replicate once you get the hang of it. Saying that tho i did end up getting a RCM Loader for quickness eventually.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could always do what the pros do by just stuffing a piece of tinfoil in the right rail and praying for the best
Its actually not as barbaric as you make it sound. You fold the foil just right and fits nice and neatly in the right joycon. Then you connect the right joycon and it works.

I felt the same way as you until I watched a YouTube video on the process. I've done dozens of switches this way. You only need to get in once and when you take the joycon off the foil comes with it. Still neatly folded into place.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: https://youtu.be/e1G3aKJ3g18?feature=shared