Gaming How can I download/backup/install update for 3DS rom (Sky3DS+)?

6zr4mdigital

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
Hello,
I have a Nintende 3DS and the Sky3DS+ card.

And I have this 3DS rom (Encrypted). Animal Crossing New Leaf

The latest update (version 1.5) can be downloaded in Nintendo eShop, but for this I need the latest Nintendo 3DS firmware. I do not want to update my 3DS.

Where can I download the latest update for Animal crossing? I want to save the update file as a backup and install it locally. How does that work exactly?

I heard there is an update file for 3DS cia rom. But I am looking for the update file for 3DS rom for Sky3DS+ card.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello,
I have a Nintende 3DS and the Sky3DS+ card.

And I have this 3DS rom (Encrypted). Animal Crossing New Leaf

The latest update (version 1.5) can be downloaded in Nintendo eShop, but for this I need the latest Nintendo 3DS firmware. I do not want to update my 3DS.

Where can I download the latest update for Animal crossing? I want to save the update file as a backup and install it locally. How does that work exactly?

I heard there is an update file for 3DS cia rom. But I am looking for the update file for 3DS rom for Sky3DS+ card.
Dont know why ya dont wanna update 3ds. but i pretty sure sky3ds dont work thatway. You are kinda sol if ya dont wanna update 3ds.

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We can't link to Warez on this site.
You should however look for .cia files instead of roms.
.cia are installable via the hb app fbi among other ways
these are also found easier
ah I misread.
You should realy just hack your 3ds with 3ds.guide first
it's a lot easier to use than a cart

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can't guarantee this will be any helpful, but that iso site contains several games (not sure about updates) that have been resigned for lower firmware.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
And they are the exact same thing... or, of course, just update the console and update your physical games (originals or accurate reproductions of) the official way, that's the whole point of a 3DS flashcard

Redhorse

Warehouse 13 Curator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's the lowdown:
I have /had a sky 3ds card, here's how it works once you have the original .3ds game, you will receive a little light (dot near games icon) (when in spot pass enabled) telling you there's an update for your game, which of course requires your system to be updated unless it is cfw too, (Or just go to the eshop and check the updates area) which really makes the use of a sky card kind of a non-need in most cases, but you can DL the update without going to the eshop for most games and install offline IIRC.

The update is DL not to the sky card but to the system. If there is a say to update from the card I haven't heard of it in 4-5 years. The update works even tho the game and update are in diff. locations, just fine.

I'm sure you're aware by now that there is little lost by updating your 3ds at this point as most (all?) CFW works with fully updated firmware.

I believe you can now see why skycards are of little threat to N at this or any point. Pre-Planned IMO.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: im going off now...I'll turn off my brain