Hacking How can I downgrade a9lh sysnand to 9.2?

Lucknell

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the reason I would like to do this is because I already setup a9lh and would like to keep it and I have a gateway cart because it is easier to hold my backups on that cart. I was wondering if it were safe to downgrade my a9lh sysnand from 10.7 to 9.2 to use the custom gateway cia and then load gateway emunand? I do not have a 9.2 sysnand nor emunand backup thanks in advance

Faolan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gateway is supporting a9lh soon and you can launch gateway from emunand now until they do

Faolan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how can I go about doing that because my emunand is also on 10.7 just like my sysnand
emunand you can just downgrade with sysupdater or installing them all with FBI/devmenu ect you can find the 9.2 files by googling "[MEGA] [CIA/BIN] MSET 4.X & 6.X backups, Browser backups, Update packs (All Regions)" make sure you grab the right files for your 3ds and region

Last edited by Faolan,

Lucknell

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
emunand you can just downgrade with sysupdater you can find the 9.2 files by googling "[MEGA] [CIA/BIN] MSET 4.X & 6.X backups, Browser backups, Update packs (All Regions)" make sure you grab the right files for your 3ds and region

I have those but the problem im having is booting into the emunand to run the sysupdaters I try to load cakes and aureinand on the homebrew launcher and they result in a black screen also, would it be possible to downgrade my emunand and then restore a back up of that to my sysnand so that a9lh boots into 9.2 and launch gateway to the 10.7 emunand? thank you for your help so far

D

Deleted User

I have those but the problem im having is booting into the emunand to run the sysupdaters I try to load cakes and aureinand on the homebrew launcher and they result in a black screen also, would it be possible to downgrade my emunand and then restore a back up of that to my sysnand so that a9lh boots into 9.2 and launch gateway to the 10.7 emunand? thank you for your help so far
Are you sure you have the correct files for Cakes and AuReiNAND on your SD card?

Faolan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you have a9lh, just use aureinand and hold R while turning the 3ds on. hold L once downgraded (you'll need firmware90.bin)
Yes you can downgrade emunand and restore onto sysnand but if i'm not mistaken it'll remove a9lh.

Last edited by Faolan,
Reactions: Deleted User

Lucknell

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure you have the correct files for Cakes and AuReiNAND on your SD card?

Yes I copied all over but Ill copy again I may have missed something

you have a9lh, just use aureinand and hold R while turning the 3ds on. hold L once downgraded (you'll need firmware90.bin)
Yes you can downgrade emunand and restore onto sysnand but if i'm not mistaken it'll remove a9lh.

That got me into emunand Ill post again if i have any issues thank you so much

Lucknell

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I apologize but I thought it wouldnt be that easy but when I load gateway I just get a blackscreen could it be because I setup a rednand instead of an emunand?

Faolan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I apologize but I thought it wouldnt be that easy but when I load gateway I just get a blackscreen could it be because I setup a rednand instead of an emunand?
i'm not sure. Could be. Do you have the launcher.dat on the sd also? emunand9 allows you to switch between emunand and red nand it that is the problem.

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Either restore an older version of SysNand.bin when it was on 9.2 or downgrade a clean copy of emunand to 9.2 and restore it to sysnand the same way you downgraded to 2.1.0 to get the otp.bin (Don't forget to unbrick it if you're on N3DS!)

Then, just re-install A9LH on the downgraded system. I'm not entirely sure how safe sysupdater downgrading in sysnand is, and would advise avoiding such a method.

Lucknell

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm not sure. Could be. Do you have the launcher.dat on the sd also? emunand9 allows you to switch between emunand and red nand it that is the problem.

yea that option didnt work because the rednand partition is too small then reformated to emunand but now it doesnt seem to want to boot because its a clone of sysnand or something and I made a backup of rednand and injected it and it would not boot then the emunand9 still cant convert that because it already an emunand Still trying to get back into emunand to downgrade again and see if it will boot then

Either restore an older version of SysNand.bin when it was on 9.2 or downgrade a clean copy of emunand to 9.2 and restore it to sysnand the same way you downgraded to 2.1.0 to get the otp.bin (Don't forget to unbrick it if you're on N3DS!)

Then, just re-install A9LH on the downgraded system. I'm not entirely sure how safe sysupdater downgrading in sysnand is, and would advise avoiding such a method.

you did not read what I said no backup and the downgrade did not let it boot into gateway mode maybe because of rednand and now it wont work at all when I reformated but thank you anyway

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: @SylverReZ hello.