Hacking how can i downgrade 11.6 to 11.5?

wksson1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
first i'm Korean(so i'm sorry if i use english words or grammer badly)

i use old 3ds xl(and it's region is kor(korea))
when i finished install custom firmware by ntrboot, i want to use custom theme, so i'm entering anemone theme app.
but it got an error (theme extdata doesn't exist! Set a default theme from the home menu!)...
well.... i think korea version 3ds has not theme setting so it's got an error...

i'm also think "how about change firmware region?"and search ,but region change that i found way is working on 11.5 and my 3ds is 11.6
then, i try to downgrade 11.6 to 11.5 using ctrtransfer(from 3ds guide) and i bricked... (but now i'm sucessfully recovered that)

i want to use theme.
so if you know how to change firmware region or downgrade 11.6 to 11.5.
please tell me.

p.s. i think it's weird only korea version has not theme settings....

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

when i finished install custom firmware by ntrboot, i want to use custom theme, so i'm entering anemone theme app.
but it got an error (theme extdata doesn't exist! Set a default theme from the home menu!)...
well.... i think korea version 3ds has not theme setting so it's got an error...

i'm also think "how about change firmware region?"and search ,but region change that i found way is working on 11.5 and my 3ds is 11.6
then, i try to downgrade 11.6 to 11.5 using ctrtransfer(from 3ds guide) and i bricked... (but now i'm sucessfully recovered that)

i want to use theme.
please tell me.

If only there were a guide for that..... https://3ds.guide/region-changing

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
There is no benefits for downgrading from 11.6 to 11.5.

Also if you already logged on your NNID on that 3DS, it becomes harder or maybe not possible to full region change, the region changed eshop will become inaccessible.

Reactions: Giodude

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

i want to use theme.
please tell me.

You don't need 11.5 to region change.
Also, it's really weird that they never implemented themes on Korean 3DSes. I wonder what their reasoning behind that was, seeing as it's basically free money as all they have to do is add Korean titles to a bunch of their existing themes and release them.

soprano1

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
That makes no sense, KOR 3DS not having theme support. Don't you have access to the theme shop? See if there's a theme free to download and install.

wksson1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
If only there were a guide for that..... 3ds,guide/region-changing
well... i'm try to another region firmware
and it works! so now, i'm using kirby theme :) thanks!
and if you know a solution, can you help me about another problem?
i'm install super mario maker 3ds and when it starts first, "please update this game" is popped up.
and when i ignore it and start game...
my 3ds got an error "an exception occurred"...
have you any idea to solve this problem?

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
well... i'm try to another region firmware
and it works! so now, i'm using kirby theme :) thanks!
and if you know a solution, can you help me about another problem?
i'm install super mario maker 3ds and when it starts first, "please update this game" is popped up.
and when i ignore it and start game...
my 3ds got an error "an exception occurred"...
have you any idea to solve this problem?
if region changed your 3DS, then you should get the update from other then the eshop, try get the update from freeshop or the .cia from that iso site.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if region changed your 3DS, then you should get the update from other then the eshop, try get the update from freeshop or the .cia from that iso site.
Or use freeshop and download it from the proper region.

Edit: You would be using freeshop for its actual intended purpose: downloading games from other regions. Of course, it's intended purpose is download games from other regions that you own, but we won't worry about that minute detail.

Last edited by OrGoN3,
Reactions: wormdood

wksson1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Or use freeshop and download it from the proper region.

Edit: You would be using freeshop for its actual intended purpose: downloading games from other regions. Of course, it's intended purpose is download games from other regions that you own, but we won't worry about that minute detail.

thanks for reply.
i 'm download a few games from freeshop
other games is fine for launch and play ,
but only super mario maker got error when it launched(an exception occrrupted)(other version of region and update file installed is same)
why it got an error?

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
thanks for reply.
i 'm download a few games from freeshop
other games is fine for launch and play ,
but only super mario maker got error when it launched(an exception occrrupted)(other version of region and update file installed is same)
why it got an error?
when launched or when you try to sign on to NNID?
have you delete the game +ticket for all the versions of this game and then install each one alone?

wksson1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
when launched or when you try to sign on to NNID?
have you delete the game +ticket for all the versions of this game and then install each one alone?
thanks to reply
if "when launched or when you try to sign on to NNID" means launched time and if you signed onNNID , first launched time is random. i tried 7PM, 12PM, 5PM, and 11PM
and about NNID, i can't how to sign it, so my 3ds doesn't signed on NNID.

or if "when launched or when you try to sign on to NNID" means "when the game is crashed? launching game or try to connect(sign) on to NNID?".
it crashed when game launching. not sign on to NNID.

oh. i also tried to "delete game + ticket and reinstall game" i delete game and ticket using fbi's function "delete title and ticket"

well... i searching a solution after make this thread so i found a way is enable game patching on luma 3ds configuration(press select when 3ds booting)
but, after do that, mario maker isn't got error. but, when it launching it is got infinity balck screen...

if you know a solution.. please explain that to me

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Nvm they do kinda work like that